Hacking G6 Flash: How do I copy a save game to a DS card?

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a G6 Flash and I've been playing a lot of Tetris DS on it, so I decided to buy a retail copy of the game to express my gratitude to Nintendo for making a completely bitchin' online version of Tetris (I've got my gripes with the game, but that's neither here nor there). Anyway, I'd like to copy my savedata over from my G6 to the legal DS card so I can play it off the legal one from now on. But, I'm having a terrible time doing this. I'm using loader/software v4.0, and it worked just fine for copying Mario Kart DS data to and from my legal game card from the G6. But when I try it for Tetris, I just get the "Backup saver OK" message, and then try booting from the legal game card to find absolutely no data. Don't lie to me, G6!

Anyway, does anyone know what I need to do in order to resolve this? I tried out ETool and Rein, but I'm clearly using them fucking wrong because I couldn't get any results from either of them with my G6. I have an M3 SD Slim at my disposal as well if this simply isn't possible on a G6, but I'd like to learn how to do it on my flashcart.

Thanks for your help -- you guys are the best!

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you trying to write the rom save file to the same region game of the cart?
rolleyes.gif

Cause it worked fine when I used the G6's own save file transfer from the Tetris (E) to the one I bought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs