Future PS3 Exclusives?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Tom Bombadildo, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Howdy all.

So I'm thinking of selling off my PS3 at this point, it's been sitting around unplugged ever since I nabbed my PS4, and I have some bills to pay and debts to settle and I think it's about time to sell off my PS3...

But before I do that, I want to know if I'm going to miss out on any sort of amazeball exclusive or something that's PS3 only...so what I'm looking for is a list of future games, if any, that will be exclusive to PS3 and the PS3 only; is there anything of worth coming in the next few months/years that won't be available on PS4/PC, or are the chances of any new PS3-only titles slim since most games appear to have at least a PS4 release as well?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I sincerely doubt that anyone's going to invest in a PS3-only exclusive at this point in time, developers are clearly going for multiplatform releases these days, even when it comes to PlayStation-exclusive titles. Whatever's coming to the PS3 in the next 2-3 years will be available either on the PS4, the PSVita or both, you should be set. That being said, I generally don't sell my old systems - you never know when you'll get the itch to play some oldies and they're only going to get cheaper (provided you won't just mod the hell out of the system because let's face it - it will be discontinued soon and support for PSN will no doubt be dropped).

3. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    PS1 had great titles coming out even after the PS2's release date (Final Fantasy Origin, Digimon World 2003), and so did the PS2 after the PS3 did (Logan's Shadow) However...AFAIK, comparing to PS4, coding for the PS3 is a pain. I wouldn't count on it too much.

4. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Alright, that's what I thought...

Only reason I'm getting rid of it at this point is because I'm fairly certain there aren't any PS3 exclusives I'll ever want to play again. I've actually been thinking about using some of the money I'd get from selling this PS3 for an older model (I have a 500GB Super Slim, according to the interwebz I could sell it off for $250 or so which should leave me enough for at least a nice Slim or something) in case I ever want to play some random PS3 exclusive or something.

That and I'll probably get all up in the PS Now shit since they're supposed to launch that sometime soon.

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Persona 5. :bow:

6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Tales of Xilia 2 and Tales of Zestiria if you like good JRPGs.