Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
except for bug fixed, what do you think will preloader bring us in the future, or what would you like to see in it ?

I would like dvd loading and channel loading both with autoboot ability
happy.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just me. But I think preloader is fine as is, for the job it's meant to do. For me it's brick protection and simple menu hacks. I don't know what more can be improved upon or added without turning it into something else. To me it's like asking for my printer to be able to heat up a Chimichanga.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to see....
No system menu corruption, although I fixed mine, others get it.
Autoloading gamecube backups, and letting you choose between games with Mutligame ISOs.
Let's see...
A feature where you can create shortcuts that you can select at the preloader that could boot emulators or channels, like virtual console games.
The ability to boot games 6x speed without a hardware mod. That'd be awesome ._.
Better Region Free Abilities- Being able to play games from any region with any Wii region.
An option of loading games from the disk channel with cheats enabled. It could be changeable in either the Preloader menu or by just holding a button while booting the game.

Hm...
Booting games from the Preloader menu. Maybe storing the hacks.ini file on your wii somehow...
Maybe encrypt it into a channel or save file, and have the Preloader access it from there. I'm not sure how that would work, but if you're hacking your friend's and they don't have an SD card, they can still play burned games if they loaded the hacks.ini file right from their system. Or maybe not have a hacks.ini file. Just build it into the Preloader itself.

Loading DVDs would be pretty sweet, as you said, SanGor.

Well, these are my ideas =)
They might be hard to make, so if they don't come in future releases, I'd be fine. I just really appreciate that someone was kind enough to develop the software for people to use at no charge.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
What I'd like to see....
No system menu corruption, although I fixed mine, others get it.
Can you explain this? I've never heard of it and would like to learn more and how you fixed it.

Autoloading gamecube backups, and letting you choose between games with Mutligame ISOs.
What exactly do you mean here? Isn't that what Waninkoko's cMIOS does?
Let's see...
A feature where you can create shortcuts that you can select at the preloader that could boot emulators or channels, like virtual console games.
Similar functionality available with CrazyIntro limited to 4 shortcuts (the d-pad), no menu, you have to remember them.
The ability to boot games 6x speed without a hardware mod. That'd be awesome ._.
Better Region Free Abilities- Being able to play games from any region with any Wii region.
An option of loading games from the disk channel with cheats enabled. It could be changeable in either the Preloader menu or by just holding a button while booting the game.

Hm...
Booting games from the Preloader menu. Maybe storing the hacks.ini file on your wii somehow...
Maybe encrypt it into a channel or save file, and have the Preloader access it from there. I'm not sure how that would work, but if you're hacking your friend's and they don't have an SD card, they can still play burned games if they loaded the hacks.ini file right from their system. Or maybe not have a hacks.ini file. Just build it into the Preloader itself.
The hacks.ini IS saved to the NAND. You need it on the SD card only on first install, or when you want to change it. SD cards are cheap though, if obtaining one is a problem then perhaps the money spent on the Wii should have been invested in a nice suit to wear on those job interviews.

Well, these are my ideas =)
They might be hard to make, so if they don't come in future releases, I'd be fine. I just really appreciate that someone was kind enough to develop the software for people to use at no charge.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
games2007 said:
Already available with CrazyIntro. It boots jpeg+mp3 of your choice on your SD and allows you to boot the SM or HBC with either A or B and use the dpad to launch 4 more apps of your choice.

I doubt that we can achieve this yet...

Hum... What do you think that those Region free Wii/Wii Games/GC Games/Wads hacks are for?

Might be available with CrazyIntro if we manage to boot BLv0.3g, then you can set any options you want.

Maybe encrypt it into a channel or save file, and have the Preloader access it from there. I'm not sure how that would work, but if you're hacking your friend's and they don't have an SD card, they can still play burned games if they loaded the hacks.ini file right from their system.
Yep, i think that it would be a nice feature... but we still have to load the hacks from a file, so sd is mandatory.

Or maybe not have a hacks.ini file. Just build it into the Preloader itself.
Noway. You then need to have all hacks.ini incbined in the code so anytime a new hack is found, we have to wait for a new version of the preloader to come out.
On the other hand... we haven't seen any new hacks since v0.25 ^^

I don't get it. What do you mean? Running Wii games off the disc channel?

For all the things we want, my guess is that we need to have more homebrews like CrazyIntro.
Small apps that allows us to add specific options using PL as the main core.
CrazyIntro v4 is one of the app i'm waiting for along with the source code as soon as Crazy release it. Then we can use this to add whatever we want since it's easier to edit, not dealing with the NAND... so brickproof.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yep, cSSM's own Preloader, called Dashboard, will kick away the Preloader. This has many reasons:

-Launches earlier (more safty?)
-More Functions (still not all revealed)
-Launch Systemmenus/Multi-Booting (One patches to 249, one is cSSM, one original, etc..)
-etc...

So, this is why I said goodbye to preloader at his release, and will wait for the Dasboard. It will R-O-C-K!!!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this might be a bit off topic, but can someone point to where the graphics are in the system menu? like, what files go to the menu graphics?

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Yep, cSSM's own Preloader, called Dashboard, will kick away the Preloader. This has many reasons:

Preloader takes over the boot sequence, there's nothing earlier than that. You sir, need to learn to google.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
im pretty sure there might be some dvd loading option in the system menu... there wouldn't be the dvd-video images if there wasn't... at least it should be in 3.2... who knows... and maybe preloader can enable it...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Puma said:
Blue-K said:

Preloader takes over the boot sequence, there's nothing earlier than that. You sir, need to learn to google.

Let's say we both made a failure...(Oh, and btw, I'm probably one of the many Peoples here that use Google, and I know how to search...-.-)...

I was wrong with the earlier...Forsaekn wrote quicker, and I though it would be earlier...that was a dumb mistake by me, sorry.....

And you are wrong with the Preloader. Preloader patches the Menu, it's hooks in somewhere in the Systemmenu-Progress (that's why installling a Menu.wad will remove him). Before that, there comes boot2, in which BootMii will hook in. So there's something which is earlier
smile.gif
. So you should also learn to google
wink2.gif

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Preloader boot just after the wii is powere (hence the name) and right before anything else.
So i doubt that cSSM will boot earlier, but that's not really the point.
What is much more important is that cSSM ain't out yet, but PL is!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA