Hacking Fussy USB loading...

sebzskp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

First I would like to thank all the users on the forum and in particular the people who contributed to the Wii softmod coding and those writing the guides.

So I have read a LOT of things and managed to mod my wii nicely without bricking but i still have a few problems for which i would be grateful if you could help.

To give you the short story I started with an old Wii system (I purchased it in January 2007) that I had recently patched via the Wii menu to 4.1U.

1. I installed Bootmii (boot2 the one that comes default when you start the Wii)
2. Install HBC
3. Made a backup of my NAND
4. Trucha Bug restorer
5. cIOS38 v14

At this stage I tried to a few things to see if it worked and was stable.
I was able to copy some of my games on my PC via the network using an ISO dumper.
I could play one game as a copy on a DVD using NeoGamma R7.
Then i thought it would be nice to try some USB loader the idea being having all my games on one HDD. Then came the problems...

I tried many USB loader the original Waninkoko, Coverflow, Config USB loader, USB loader GX and basically they would give me various types of errors.
It seems that the USB loader function is working on my Wii as when I use a miicroSDHC into a USB adapter, I can play my copy of Madworld and Wii sports without a problem however I tried 2 different 2.5" non powered USB HDD (LaCie and one laptop drive in an external enclosure from Rosewill) and they would both give me ret-1 errors... whether or not i had formatted them in WBFS, FAT32 or had one or several partitions on them (I used WBFS manager 3.0 by Alex DP). Depending on the loader they would not mount, not be seen or give me the ret-1 error. Then i thought maybe it is because they need their own power supply so i tried one of my 3.5" HDD (MAXTOR) on which i changed the power management settings to never doze off, and with this one, Wii Sports would launch and play fine, all games could be copied fro the Wii drive including MadWorld, but when it tried to launch Madworld and it would give me a blue screen with a Wii error #0002...

I really have no idea why and would like to see if someone can give me some advise...

Currently since it seems to works with flash memory i am planning to buy a 32Gb USB stick but it would be much nicer with a small drive.

Thanks!

Seb

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
turn on the anti 002 fix in what ever loader your using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s you must not have done enough reading as this has been covered in a lot of topics

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
turn on the anti 002 fix in what ever loader your using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s you must not have done enough reading as this has been covered in a lot of topics

You do know that the anti-002 fix was meant to *remove* the internal broken 002 fix inside of OLDER cIOS's, right? If you are enabling anti-002 in rev14, you are essentially doing nothing at all, since this cIOS has no 002 fix internally in the first place. This is also why it has been removed from Neogamma R7 (and R8 beta).

Back to the original poster:

You said you already successfully ran Neogamma R7 with a backup disc. You do know you can load WBFS within the loader as well, right? Press right when you enter and mount the WBFS partition....try to load your games and see what happens.

The ret 1 error comes from the loader not being able to mount the drive, so I would imagine that your problems are from some sort of incompatibility with the enclosures. Not sure why you got that Madworld error, but rest assured that Madworld loads just fine without fiddling with ANY settings in the latest Neogamma R7 and the latest Configurable USB Loader (v41)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
enabling anti 002 in a loader will fix the 002 error as the loader is patching the error and not the cios even if you have rev 14, that is why rev 14 doents have the fix anymore within it cause loader are now supporting the error directly, hence waninkoko mentions "get a better loader"

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
enabling anti 002 in a loader will fix the 002 error as the loader is patching the error and not the cios even if you have rev 14, that is why rev 14 doents have the fix anymore within it cause loader are now supporting the error directly, hence waninkoko mentions "get a better loader"

Waninkoko said "get a better loader" when 13a was released because it was the first cIOS to introduce not having the 002 fix reside internally. The loader would handle 002 fixing from then on. I guess pressure set in (and loaders at that time couldn't handle it), so 13B was released WITH the 002 fix built in.

The anti-002 fix was added to loaders to remove the faulty internal 002 on some cIOS's (rev10, 11, 12, 13B) so that the loader could use it's own on the fly. It is NOT needed or required in rev13A or the latest rev14....or any other cIOS that is released in the future.

Too much confusion (still) on the anti-002 thing. I guess I know why WiiPower removed it from Neogamma now
smile.gif

Rest assured, your games WILL load fine without this setting, providing you are in 13A or 14, and using a modern (that is, current released) loader.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
he has rev 14 and getting 002?

simply turn off 002 in the loader and see for your self that a blue 002 error with occur with a 002 game with 14.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
he has rev 14 and getting 002?

simply turn off 002 in the loader and see for your self that a blue 002 error with occur with a 002 game with 14.

Exactly. I am betting the same thing....that he has some 002 fix enabled in his loader. Just use Configurable USB Loader or Neogamma R7 *default* (that is, don't adjust any settings at all) and it should work just fine. If you have fiddled with settings, delete them and start the loader fresh. I have quite a few games on my drive and nearly all of them load fine (including Madworld) without touching a single setting. The only games that I have to adjust settings are for those IOS reload titles and games requiring alt dol method.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
no im saying u try a loader with rev 14(not Neo as this has the fix set on as default) and have 002/anti off(Global and game) then load a 002 game, then try it with anti on, i have anti 002 set to global so i dont have to worry about 002 errors as the anti fixes any 002 new or old

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
i think youre getting confused with anti 002, and regular 002fix. they are different things.

for madworld, you need 002 fix, not anti 002 fix.

sebzskp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again,

I have found a way to load Madworld from the USB attached drive/flash. In fact today i could not use the HDD but i used an 8Gb mem stick after testing that i had the same problem with it i.e. the 0002 Error.

I was able to launch Madworld in NeoGamma from the USB without changing any param then I used Coverfloader and it would crash, i then tried to add the 0002 fix to that game and it launched.

Not sure how that contributes to your discussion but now it works.

Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!