FunkyCIA Guide - how to make CIAs from your eshop stuff :)

Requirements -
  • A 3DS on 4.X, with the DS profile exploit. You do not need Gateway I believe.
  • Internet on your computer
  • Able to run python
Step 1 - Download http://gbatemp.net/attachments/launcher_ticketdb-dat-zip.13329/
**** The code is unstable, you might have to run it a bunch of times before it works.
When it works you will know, it is fast, so if your screen does nothing for like 5 seconds just turn off and try again. I once had to try 7 times - usually I am lucky though ***

Step 2 - Extract it and rename it to Launcher.dat - rename the actual GW Launcher.dat to something else for now.
Step 3 - Put it on your 3DS's sd card. Load up the exploit (settings, profile, etc...)
Step 4 - It should run, when it is done, turn off your 3DS. Hold the power button until it is off.
Step 5 - Take out the sd card from the 3DS, put it in your computer. You should see ticket.db and ticket.db_gwemu. The first file is from the sysnand, the second is from emunand. Copy them somewhere, maybe to your desktop.
Step 6 - Download http://gbatemp.net/attachments/funkycia2-zip.15361/ - and extract it.

Now, you run the python file. (On mac it's very easy, I'm not sure about windows)
type: python FunkyCIA.py ticket.db_gwemu -type dlc
This would download all the dlc you have installed, and make them into CIAs :)
You can specify what type of content you want to download, like: -type dlc would download dlc, -type demo gameapp would download the demos and gameapps that you have in your ticket.db.
You can use -type with gameapp, update, dlc, demo, dsiware, system, or ALL
You can download everything you have if you specify -type ALL. This includes system titles, so maybe you don't want to do that, just list all the types you want apart from 'system'. Find the title ids of the stuff you want using 3ds.essh.co, maybe devtool, maybe some other method.

Or, if there is some specific title ids (specific games/updates/etc) that you want to download, use:
-title XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and you will download and make a CIA for those 2 titles only.
You cannot choose to download a content type (dlc, update, etc), and specific title(s) at the same time.

You can turn off downloading with -nodownload (if you want to only show the title ids you have in your ticket.db)
You can turn off CIA generation with -nobuild (so the stuff will only be downloaded)
You can turn off sorting by -nosort (by default, the contents are sorted into folders, so all the demos would go in a demo folder, all the system stuff would go in a system folder, etc)

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgraded my console to 4.2 to dump the ticket.db and FunkyCIA successfully dumped all my purchased eShop content and update .cia's. Thanks cearp!

Reactions: cearp

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ok, I'm back at the keyboard and failing to achieve anything other than finger ache.

I have my .db files, each of them clock in at 36meg, I copy those to the computer, in the same folder as my python stuff, just for the sake of being tidy.

Installed python2.7 which puts a command line and a GUI (IDLE) prompt into the programs in my windows 7.

If I run either of them I am presented with a command like prompt, which I guess I cant just type the 'python FunkyCIA.py ticket.db_gwemu -type gameapp' command into , without navigating to the right directory? I am totally lost here!

syntax error!

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm back at the keyboard and failing to achieve anything other than finger ache.

I have my .db files, each of them clock in at 36meg, I copy those to the computer, in the same folder as my python stuff, just for the sake of being tidy.

Installed python2.7 which puts a command line and a GUI (IDLE) prompt into the programs in my windows 7.

If I run either of them I am presented with a command like prompt, which I guess I cant just type the 'python FunkyCIA.py ticket.db_gwemu -type gameapp' command into , without navigating to the right directory? I am totally lost here!

syntax error!
You need to navigate to the correct folder with command prompt, easy way to do this is to hold shift and right click the folder where you want to navigate to and it should give you the option to open with command prompt.
If that doesn't work just copy the folder address > open command prompt > type: cd > right click and paste the folder address then press enter

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You need to navigate to the correct folder with command prompt, easy way to do this is to hold shift and right click the folder where you want to navigate to and it should give you the option to open with command prompt.
If that doesn't work just copy the folder address > open command prompt > type: cd > right click and paste the folder address then press enter

Thanks! I am going to be away from the PC for a week now, so i'll try when I get back. One (more) think I don't understand is, I have my emunand sat in the SD card of my PC, and I am using the .db files moved off the SD, so how does the python script make the .cia files?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thanks! I am going to be away from the PC for a week now, so i'll try when I get back. One (more) think I don't understand is, I have my emunand sat in the SD card of my PC, and I am using the .db files moved off the SD, so how does the python script make the .cia files?

it downloads them from nintendo's servers, and uses the ticket you have in your ticket.db to make a cia.

Reactions: nine0nine

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice app. I've been thinking. How difficult would it be to make a tool that can insert your EmuNAND ticket.db into your SysNAND? Granted, that would only make the things you actually obtained from the eShop and can't already run in EmuNAND playable. But it would be a start.

If I'm understanding how it all works correctly, what we're going to need in order to actually share things like "Four Swords" is a way to modify and reinsert ticket.db into SysNAND (not to mention universal ticket keys -- there has to be a way to strip the console-specific info from them so that they can be distributed, and that probably means we'll need a way to dump the console key). Or some way to disable SysNAND's authenticity checks. Does that sound right, or am I missing something?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nice app. I've been thinking. How difficult would it be to make a tool that can insert your EmuNAND ticket.db into your SysNAND? Granted, that would only make the things you actually obtained from the eShop and can't already run in EmuNAND playable. But it would be a start.

If I'm understanding how it all works correctly, what we're going to need in order to actually share things like "Four Swords" is a way to modify and reinsert ticket.db into SysNAND (not to mention universal ticket keys -- there has to be a way to strip the console-specific info from them so that they can be distributed, and that probably means we'll need a way to dump the console key). Or some way to disable SysNAND's authenticity checks. Does that sound right, or am I missing something?

how difficult? not very, i could make it today but, i don't really have a use for it so i won't :) i don't have lots of free time right now so i want to pick my projects wisely.

and no, you could put the ticket of four swords in your sysnand, but you still need to put a 100% legit app there too. the game is stored on nand remember, not sd card.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some doubts about the process.
I have eShop purchases on a "legit" 9.4 3ds unit. To dump ticket.db I can system transfer it to a 9.4 emunand and then run the dumper (sysNand on 4.2)?
The sysNand and emuNand need to be linked or I can unlink them before dumping the ticket.db?
Thanks in advance for any help :D

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have some doubts about the process.
I have eShop purchases on a "legit" 9.4 3ds unit. To dump ticket.db I can system transfer it to a 9.4 emunand and then run the dumper (sysNand on 4.2)?
The sysNand and emuNand need to be linked or I can unlink them before dumping the ticket.db?
Thanks in advance for any help :D

not doubts, just questions :D
yes, to dump the stuff on a 9.4 system, you will have to system transfer to a 9.4 emunand :) - i guess afterwards you could even system transfer back and have it as the same as before... i'm not too sure, ask in another thread maybe
it doesn't matter if the sysnand has been separated form the emunand. the dumper dumps both ticket.db files, but most people will only want the emunand one

AlexaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Cearp, if i have this on my ds, i don't have to worry if i accidentally log in to my nintendo account and wipes all my installed dlc?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Cearp, if i have this on my ds, i don't have to worry if i accidentally log in to my nintendo account and wipes all my installed dlc?

well, 'this' is just a tool to dump the things you have downloaded from eshop to an installable cia file :)
if you are talking about cia files which need GW's patches, no, if you log in with your nnid i don't think anything will change. if you go to eshop i think some dlc that you do not 'own' can sometimes go...? at least themes for most people, but everything should be fine

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how difficult? not very, i could make it today but, i don't really have a use for it so i won't :) i don't have lots of free time right now so i want to pick my projects wisely.

and no, you could put the ticket of four swords in your sysnand, but you still need to put a 100% legit app there too. the game is stored on nand remember, not sd card.

I understand. Well, it's not like I have much use for it either (all of the DSiWare that's actually available on the eShop doesn't look that interesting, and I have a DSTwo so I don't care about the GBA VC stuff either).

I get that I would need a legit CIA, but could FunkyCIA not generate a valid one once I had used my console key to sign a generic title key, added it to my decrypted ticket.db, and then re-encrypted ticket.db? Sure, I didn't mention that step explicitly, but it's somewhat implied, since once the key's in an encrypted title.db, FunkyCIA can use it. The CIAs it generates will work in SysNAND on the system that the keys were taken from, right (assuming the game or app runs on 4.5 or lower)? Or are they still missing something to make them legit? I haven't actually tested the files it creates in such a way, because there's no need to have a game or app work in SysNAND if EmuNAND can run it.

I'm not sure what you mean with that part about the game having to go to NAND instead of SD. Of course, that's where DSiWare gets installed. And that's where DevMenu/BBM installs DSiWare CIAs. I tested my NFN CIA without EmuNAND present, and it actually did go to SysNAND (DSiWare manager definitely said it was located on the NAND when I went into it in GW mode, it then showed a zero byte file with a question mark icon when I dropped out of GW mode and went back, for obvious reasons). I didn't even need to do that though. Even if I had been using EmuNAND, well, the DSiWare manager has an option to copy it to the SD card, so, do that, exit to SysNAND, go back to the DSiWare manager, and copy it back. So, getting it to NAND is not really a problem. Unless you're implying that, because it's going to NAND, it needs a higher degree of legitimacy than FunkyCIA can provide.

I've got a couple of requests for FunkyCIA, if you can find the time. Could you make "themes" a separate content type? Just because Nintendo put them in the DLC folder doesn't mean it was a good idea. I certainly don't keep the CIA in the same folder as DLC. Besides, they take forever to compile a CIA of, and the process crashes on Windows anyway, unless you replace the included make_cdn_cia.exe with the 32-bit version (not the 64-bit version) liomajor compiled and posted in the other thread, and it's unlikely anyone's going to want a 212 MB Sonic Boom theme (which is what most people are going to get from an encrypted CIA, because no one in their right mind would pay for themes). I'd suggest having it skip them completely, but they are good for checking to see if the make_cdn_cia.exe you're using has the crash bug. Also, with the "gameapp" option, I keep getting an error with 000400000f980000 when it tries to download the TMD. I'm not sure what that is, because it doesn't show up in the release list, and it doesn't show up in DevMenu/BBM either, and I only install CIAs on my unlinked card (I run BBM from a ROM when using my eShop card), to keep the ticket.db clean. I don't think it's actually on the SD card, so, something in firmware with an odd number that causes it to look like an app?

Also, it's fairly obvious you're a former DOS or Linux user, because no lifetime Mac user (nor lifetime Windows 9x+ user for that matter) is that comfortable with the command line. You obviously started with one of the two OSes that actually educates its users. Windows masks its complexity, and OSX deliberately obfuscates all technical details. So it seems unlikely you started with either. Some day I'd like to know what traumatic event sent you to the dark side ;) .

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I understand. Well, it's not like I have much use for it either (all of the DSiWare that's actually available on the eShop doesn't look that interesting, and I have a DSTwo so I don't care about the GBA VC stuff either).

I get that I would need a legit CIA, but could FunkyCIA not generate a valid one once I had used my console key to sign a generic title key, added it to my decrypted ticket.db, and then re-encrypted ticket.db? Sure, I didn't mention that step explicitly, but it's somewhat implied, since once the key's in an encrypted title.db, FunkyCIA can use it. The CIAs it generates will work in SysNAND on the system that the keys were taken from, right (assuming the game or app runs on 4.5 or lower)? Or are they still missing something to make them legit? I haven't actually tested the files it creates in such a way, because there's no need to have a game or app work in SysNAND if EmuNAND can run it.

I'm not sure what you mean with that part about the game having to go to NAND instead of SD. Of course, that's where DSiWare gets installed. And that's where DevMenu/BBM installs DSiWare CIAs. I tested my NFN CIA without EmuNAND present, and it actually did go to SysNAND (DSiWare manager definitely said it was located on the NAND when I went into it in GW mode, it then showed a zero byte file with a question mark icon when I dropped out of GW mode and went back, for obvious reasons). I didn't even need to do that though. Even if I had been using EmuNAND, well, the DSiWare manager has an option to copy it to the SD card, so, do that, exit to SysNAND, go back to the DSiWare manager, and copy it back. So, getting it to NAND is not really a problem. Unless you're implying that, because it's going to NAND, it needs a higher degree of legitimacy than FunkyCIA can provide.

I've got a couple of requests for FunkyCIA, if you can find the time. Could you make "themes" a separate content type? Just because Nintendo put them in the DLC folder doesn't mean it was a good idea. I certainly don't keep the CIA in the same folder as DLC. Besides, they take forever to compile a CIA of, and the process crashes on Windows anyway, unless you replace the included make_cdn_cia.exe with the 32-bit version (not the 64-bit version) liomajor compiled and posted in the other thread, and it's unlikely anyone's going to want a 212 MB Sonic Boom theme (which is what most people are going to get from an encrypted CIA, because no one in their right mind would pay for themes). I'd suggest having it skip them completely, but they are good for checking to see if the make_cdn_cia.exe you're using has the crash bug. Also, with the "gameapp" option, I keep getting an error with 000400000f980000 when it tries to download the TMD. I'm not sure what that is, because it doesn't show up in the release list, and it doesn't show up in DevMenu/BBM either, and I only install CIAs on my unlinked card (I run BBM from a ROM when using my eShop card), to keep the ticket.db clean. I don't think it's actually on the SD card, so, something in firmware with an odd number that causes it to look like an app?

Also, it's fairly obvious you're a former DOS or Linux user, because no lifetime Mac user (nor lifetime Windows 9x+ user for that matter) is that comfortable with the command line. You obviously started with one of the two OSes that actually educates its users. Windows masks its complexity, and OSX deliberately obfuscates all technical details. So it seems unlikely you started with either. Some day I'd like to know what traumatic event sent you to the dark side ;) .

i have a new version of FunkyCIA, i have had it for a while just not uploaded it yet, i will try and do it today, i keep forgetting.
when making a dlc cia, the ticket in your ticket.db contains the pieces of dlc you have bought/are allowed to use. for example, if you only bought one dlc level, but not the others, this is reflected in your ticket. when a cia is made, make_cdn_cia uses your ticket, so it doesn't matter that all the pieces of dlc were downloaded from CDN, permission was only granted to use the ones you bought.
i have 'fixed' this, to make it so all dlc content is unlocked. so now, if you downloaded themes using FunkyCIA, you will receive a big cia with ALL of them, and be able to use ALL of them.
instead of a big CIA with all of them, but only able to use the 1, 2, or 0 that you actually spent your money on/got for free :)
some people do not understand that dsiware installs to nand, so i was just making sure you knew.
it is weird, i do not think the this method is 100% perfect, because if i take make a cia from my own content, and keep all the unique data intact (i'm talking about the console id etc, that i blank out) - the cia does not work on my same 3ds. devmenu tells me it is invalid. so, we cannot take our own things and make 100% legit cias out of them. i think i have an idea why, but i am not so sure.
the only thing we can make 100% legit cias from (100% legit = they will run without GW's patches, you can system transfer it, etc etc) - the only thing we can make 100% legit cias from at the moment is bundled content, like games/apps that are preinstalled on your system. say i bought a 3ds that comes with mario kart as a digital game, that i can make into a legit cia, and provided you are on the same region as the game, your 3ds will think you bought it.

yes, i have not updated the make_cdn_cia versions in the zip on the first post, i will, yesterday i reported another bug i found with make_cdn_cia and thankfully it was fixed.
i think there is maybe one small other bug i have come across, i will try and report that too.
for themes specifically, i am making a tool/website that you select what themes you want and it will make you a cia to install with just the themes you want.
some tmds/contents are not on CDN, for whatever reason.

the new version of FunkyCIA will only process things you got from eshop, it will ignore cias that you installed form online.
it will give permission for all dlc contents.
it will remove the demo play count limit, so you can play the demo unlimited.
when something cannot be downloaded the tool will not crash, it will just move on to the next one.
it finds 'bad tickets' and ignores them, and only downloads each title/game/app once. :)

sorry, i'm not a former dos or linux user at all, but interesting to know that you thought it was obvious, ha...! i'm a very happy mac user!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Looks like you've been busy. That's certainly far more than I was expecting for the next update. I was not aware it was even possible to add permissions to the DLCs. I was thinking you'd need to change the ticket to... never mind, I get it. Instead of changing the key, you're changing the lock, so to speak. The demo counter removal sounds interesting, but I don't have any... wait a minute, yes I do. A friend of mine's son actually grabbed some of those. Long story short, I've still got their ticket.db sitting here. So, between their tickets and mine, I can give it a good thorough testing if you'd like.

Unfortunately, a pre-installed game is the one thing I can't try. My Zelda unit required a trip to the eShop. So did the Mario & Luigi unit I dumped. But I hear the MH4 units will have it pre-installed, so I may go with that one if it's not too much more than the normal N3DS. Maybe that can show us what needs to be done, by comparing it to the system-locked eShop version. Assuming Nintendo hasn't had time to put 9.4 on them.

It just seems kind-of ironic that we have 3DS content from the eShop working so easily, but old stuff for the previous system is causing so many problems (it should have less protection, after all). I know, that tends to be a trend with backwards compatibility, with the exception of the Wii and BC PS3s.

Hmm, OK, well, that's surprising. Usually the only people who prefer CLI apps are the ones who started with a CLI OS. I guess all the DSL tech support I've done has left me thinking that starting off with a GUI-based OS automatically ruins you. Hope you won't hold that against me. Well, whatever makes you happy. I'm a very happy DOS/Linux/Android/Windows odd version user (and a mostly happy but somewhat frustrated TOS/AmigaOS user if FPGAs like my MiST board count). I tried to like Apple, but every experience I've had with their devices has not gone well for various reasons. Guess I'm just too left-brain or whatever. Oh well.

Thanks again for this great app. Let me know if you need any help testing new revisions. I've got 3 ticket dumps containing every type of content except a pre-installed game. Also, though I haven't done any conclusive tests, I think that launcher file is a bit more stable with 3D disabled and slot0x25KeyX.bin not present on the card. Seems like it crashes less. Could just be coincidence.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Wow. Looks like you've been busy. That's certainly far more than I was expecting for the next update. I was not aware it was even possible to add permissions to the DLCs. I was thinking you'd need to change the ticket to... never mind, I get it. Instead of changing the key, you're changing the keyhole, so to speak. The demo counter removal sounds interesting, but I don't have any... wait a minute, yes I do. A friend of mine's son actually grabbed some of those. Long story short, I've still got their ticket.db sitting here. So, between their tickets and mine, I can give it a good thorough testing if you'd like.

Unfortunately, a pre-installed game is the one thing I can't try. My Zelda unit required a trip to the eShop. So did the Mario & Luigi unit I dumped. But I hear the MH4 units will have it pre-installed, so I may go with that one if it's not too much more than the normal N3DS. Maybe that can show us what needs to be done, by comparing it to the system-locked eShop version. Assuming Nintendo hasn't had time to put 9.4 on them.

It just seems kind-of ironic that we have 3DS content from the eShop working so easily, but old stuff for the previous system is causing so many problems (it should have less protection, after all). I know, that tends to be a trend with backwards compatibility, with the exception of the Wii and BC PS3s.

Hmm, OK, well, that's surprising. Usually the only people who prefer CLI apps are the ones who started with a CLI OS. I guess all the DSL tech support I've done has left me thinking that starting off with a GUI-based OS automatically ruins you. Hope you won't hold that against me. Well, whatever makes you happy. I'm a very happy DOS/Linux/Android/Windows odd version user (and a mostly happy but somewhat frustrated TOS/AmigaOS user if FPGAs like my MiST board count). I tried to like Apple, but every experience I've had with their devices has not gone well for various reasons. Guess I'm just too left-brain or whatever. Oh well.

Thanks again for this great app. Let me know if you need any help testing new revisions. I've got 3 ticket dumps containing every type of content except a pre-installed game. Also, though I haven't done any conclusive tests, I think that launcher file is a bit more stable with 3D disabled and slot0x25KeyX.bin not present on the card. Seems like it crashes less. Could just be coincidence.

keyhole...? i'm changing the ticket :)
from a programming perspective, cli tools are far more easier to create than ones with a gui. because the tool is written in python, it is multiplatform, which i think it important.
i could have written this in c++ or something, but it would have been so much more effort for me, python really is nice and easy.
plus, something like this, it is nice to set it up and leave it running and it do it all automatically.
for example, i could have my server automatically run a script every week to build a cia with all the latest themes.
if this had a gui it would be very nice! - check boxes to select what games you want (provided the name can be found form the title id etc), but i'm not personally going to do that.
thanks for the offer to test, but i can't see any bugs and i will let people see when i upload it if there are problems i missed!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from a programming perspective, cli tools are far more easier to create than ones with a gui. because the tool is written in python, it is multiplatform, which i think it important.
i could have written this in c++ or something, but it would have been so much more effort for me, python really is nice and easy.
plus, something like this, it is nice to set it up and leave it running and it do it all automatically.
for example, i could have my server automatically run a script every week to build a cia with all the latest themes.
if this had a gui it would be very nice! - check boxes to select what games you want (provided the name can be found form the title id etc), but i'm not personally going to do that.
thanks for the offer to test, but i can't see any bugs and i will let people see when i upload it if there are problems i missed!

I was speaking metaphorically, and "lock" might have made a better choice of words, but I was still half asleep and a little distracted. Had to take a traffic ticket to court. Cop nearly ran me over as I was about to pull into the passing lane, then wrote me a ticket for his own "reckless driving". I'm subpoenaing the video from his camera and betting he won't show up (if he does, win or lose, I'll make him look so stupid on Youtube that he'll be ashamed to show his face in public, and if it goes to circuit, he's probably going to give me what I need for perjury charges as well, since I'll get to ask him the same questions twice ;) ). Anyway, what I was getting at is, instead of changing the contents of ticket.db to unlock the desired content, you're changing the content to match what's in ticket.db

Hey, I'm definitely not complaining. I like python (and AutoHotKey, and batch files for that matter). I'm sure you meant that multi-platform bit rhetorically -- we all know why Java's so popular (though I do have an OSX VM -- I insist on knowing any OS I'm being asked to troubleshoot like the back of my hand). Indeed, it would be overkill using C++ (or Java) for mass conversion when a python app or batch script gets the job done. I'm an old DOS god, remember? No need to preach to the choir the benefits of command line scripts for automation purposes. You want me to say it, fine. I've never met anyone who codes on a Mac before. People that port to it, yes. People that code on it exclusively? Not really. I'm not sure why. No offense meant, I don't judge people for their choice of platform, and your code speaks for itself. Funny you should mention using a script to make an updated "themes.cia" -- I actually created a batch file for CDNto3DS that does exactly that, and I was thinking of adding it to Windows Task Scheduler until I read about your update. Apparently even great minds on different platforms sometimes think alike ;)

OK, I'll be watching for it.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also looking forward to this, as my Fire Emblem Awakening DLC does not properly pack. When installing, I get a "This cia is invalid" (0xd8e08061) error. I don't know if DLC generation is fixed the the update you plan to have, but It is worth a shot ^^

Edit: I tried building it with the SD Decryptor method, but makerom doesn't like me. Any idea how I could fix this command line? It says "[SETTING ERROR] Content 0 is already specified"

Code:
_makerom.exe -f cia -target t -content 00000001.app.out:0:0 -content 00000003.app.out:1:3 -content 00000004.app.out:2:4 -content 00000005.app.out:3:5 -content 00000006.app.out:4:6 -content 00000007.app.out:5:7 -content 00000008.app.out:6:8 -content 00000009.app.out:7:9 -content 0000000a.app.out:8:a -content 0000000b.app.out:9:b -content 0000000c.app.out:a:c -content 0000000f.app.out:b:f -content 00000023.app.out:c:23 -content 0000002b.app.out:d:2b -o FEADLC.cia

Thanks!

Edit2: I built a cia with make_cia and I built a cia. For some reason, when I run awakening, either CIA or 3ds and go to the DLC section, it throws an "SD Card not found" error, requesting I redownload my dlc. Odd. O.O

Edit3: For clairification, when I uninstall the cia It goes back to an "No DLC found, download some to use this feature" sort of error. Odd.

Edit4: It does this on the system it was ripped from as well. I probably didn't build the CIA right.

Code:
make_cia -o test2.cia --content0=00000001.app.out --content1=00000003.app.out --content2=00000004.app.out --content3=00000005.app.out --content4=00000006.app.out --content5=00000007.app.out --content6=00000008.app.out --content7=00000009.app.out --content8=0000000a.app.out --content9=0000000b.app.out --contenta=0000000c.app.out --contentb=0000000f.app.out --contentc=00000023.app.out --contentd=0000002b.app.out

Edit5: Tried again, this time downloading and decrypting only one DLC level using SDDecrypt. It turned out to be two files, tried packing them with _makerom, didn't work, same SD card error. Now trying only the larger file.

Edit6: Still didn't work. Bleh, running out of ideas. FE:A DLC is hard ^^

Edit7: Used FunkyCIA, and a -Title. It downloaded the DLC twice for some reason, but it works! Thanks! :D
Edit8: And it doesn't work on my JPN 3ds? What? Weird. Works on the legit system, not on the unauthorized one. Maybe it checks the ticket for game validity?

Edit9: After reading through your posts on the updated version of Make_CDN_CIA, is there any way you could add a command line option to not unlock all DLC, or perhaps to just unlock what DLC is owned by the ticket in question? I don't want to pirate DLC, just use my DLC (that I bought on my US 3ds) on my JPN 3ds. Thanks!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm also looking forward to this, as my Fire Emblem Awakening DLC does not properly pack. When installing, I get a "This cia is invalid" (0xd8e08061) error. I don't know if DLC generation is fixed the the update you plan to have, but It is worth a shot ^^

Edit: I tried building it with the SD Decryptor method, but makerom doesn't like me. Any idea how I could fix this command line? It says "[SETTING ERROR] Content 0 is already specified"

Code:
_makerom.exe -f cia -target t -content 00000001.app.out:0:0 -content 00000003.app.out:1:3 -content 00000004.app.out:2:4 -content 00000005.app.out:3:5 -content 00000006.app.out:4:6 -content 00000007.app.out:5:7 -content 00000008.app.out:6:8 -content 00000009.app.out:7:9 -content 0000000a.app.out:8:a -content 0000000b.app.out:9:b -content 0000000c.app.out:a:c -content 0000000f.app.out:b:f -content 00000023.app.out:c:23 -content 0000002b.app.out:d:2b -o FEADLC.cia

Thanks!

Edit2: I built a cia with make_cia and I built a cia. For some reason, when I run awakening, either CIA or 3ds and go to the DLC section, it throws an "SD Card not found" error, requesting I redownload my dlc. Odd. O.O

Edit3: For clairification, when I uninstall the cia It goes back to an "No DLC found, download some to use this feature" sort of error. Odd.

Edit4: It does this on the system it was ripped from as well. I probably didn't build the CIA right.

Code:
make_cia -o test2.cia --content0=00000001.app.out --content1=00000003.app.out --content2=00000004.app.out --content3=00000005.app.out --content4=00000006.app.out --content5=00000007.app.out --content6=00000008.app.out --content7=00000009.app.out --content8=0000000a.app.out --content9=0000000b.app.out --contenta=0000000c.app.out --contentb=0000000f.app.out --contentc=00000023.app.out --contentd=0000002b.app.out

Edit5: Tried again, this time downloading and decrypting only one DLC level using SDDecrypt. It turned out to be two files, tried packing them with _makerom, didn't work, same SD card error. Now trying only the larger file.

Edit7: Used FunkyCIA, and a -Title. It downloaded the DLC twice for some reason, but it works! Thanks! :D
Edit8: And it doesn't work on my JPN 3ds? What? Weird. Works on the legit system, not on the unauthorized one. Maybe it checks the ticket for game validity?

Edit9: After reading through your posts on the updated version of Make_CDN_CIA, is there any way you could add a command line option to not unlock all DLC, or perhaps to just unlock what DLC is owned by the ticket in question? I don't want to pirate DLC, just use my DLC (that I bought on my US 3ds) on my JPN 3ds. Thanks!

you don't want all the dlc unlocked?! haha, ok. - i think doing it via makerom, it all would be unlocked anyway, because it does not rely on your ticket which specifies what you did and didn't buy. we'll see if it works with the new version of FunkyCIA. some cias are weird, i once had one that only installed when the sysnand was 9.2, not 4.x... no idea why.
i have just added the option to keep demos and dlc intact, and not patch them to give permission for all things/unlimited plays

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't want all the dlc unlocked?! haha, ok. - i think doing it via makerom, it all would be unlocked anyway, because it does not rely on your ticket which specifies what you did and didn't buy. we'll see if it works with the new version of FunkyCIA. some cias are weird, i once had one that only installed when the sysnand was 9.2, not 4.x... no idea why.
i have just added the option to keep demos and dlc intact, and not patch them to give permission for all things/unlimited plays

Thanks! Ill try now :). I know it is an odd thing on these forums, but I simply don't want to pirate. I just don't like DRM and Region locking. Mostly this is in preperation for the GW on N3ds, and with my N3ds being JPN, I will be unable to system transfer. Hence the CIAs.

Edit: Oh, no link yet. Doh.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm as confused as you are. How did an anti-piracy media Kool-Aid drinker end up with a Gateway in the first place? Oh well, since he's here, might as well try to set the record straight.

Code:

Thanks!

Code:

I can tell you why the first example failed. The numbers after the colons are wrong. Also IIRC it requires conversion to decimal. So, 1:0 3:1 4:2 5:3 6:4 7:5 8:6 9:7 10:8 11:9 12:10 15:11

Also, if you're not one of us, you should not be using the p word. It's bad nettiquette. If you take oxymorons like "intellectual property" seriously, and believe free markets need to be castrated by regulations, especially those evil copyright and patent laws that stifle innovation, then you should use the politically correct term "fair use" instead of that inaccurate demonization "piracy" or we might take offense (much like a black man takes offense when a white man uses the n word). In other words, you only get to say "pirate" if you are arrrrrrrre a pirate ;)

Seriously though, don't be deceived by the media. There is no such thing as a lost sale. On one side, you have collectors like me that will buy a good game, if you can get me to notice it in a saturated market. Easy, deliberately leak it a week early. Being able to show my coworkers a game that won't be out for another week is a trip after all (and assuming they like what they see, some of them are going to run out and buy it on release day). On the other side you have the so-called "freeloaders" which, by their very nature, are not potential customers. There's no sale to be made if the most someone's looking to spend is $0. However, if they show a game to just one game-buying individual, and that person goes out and buys it, that's an extra sale. Since most of these "undocumented volunteer advertisers" know more than one game purchaser, it's statistically advantageous for developers to just let them have it, while simultaneously complaining about it out the other side of their mouth to get guilt-trip/sympathy sales. Some developers may not have caught on yet, but if you think all of those lower firmware patches for PS3 games that happened when we were still stuck on 3.55 were an accident, I have a bridge that might interest you.

As a collector, I believe as much as anyone in buying if you like what you try. If you like it, you should want to own the real thing. And of course, you should award a company that brings out something good. I bought the PS3 version of Diablo III and the PS4 version of Reaper Of Souls because those versions finally gave me the game I'd been hoping for. However, Blizzard had better port any future title they want me to purchase to a Sony console, because they didn't just burn their PC bridge, they coated it with napalm and hit it with flamethrowers from both sides. Indeed, no one works for free. Most people aren't gamblers either though. Myself included. The only movies I've bought a ticket to without watching some form of illegitimate release first to make sure they're worth it either had "Star Wars" or "Lord Of The Rings" in the title. The MPAA can whine about them all they want, but they'd be fools to actually stop them.

However, data by itself has no value. Economically speaking, infinite supply means zero demand. Can you resell PDFs purchased from RPG-Drivethru or MP3s bought from Amazon on e-bay? No? There you have it. If a purchase cannot be resold, then no genuine value can be assigned to it. The only way to give the data value is to make limited pressings on physical media. You can sell a real AD&D "Deities & Demigods" first printing for a lot of money. The PDF will never be worth a penny. Besides, I've already learned my lesson about virtual items the hard way. I bought two mounts for World Of Warcraft. When Cataclysm ruined the game for me, I was left with nothing to show for my money. I'll never buy into that scam again. And I'll never buy another MMO until someone includes the server and a content editor. If no one else has enough intestinal fortitude to do that, then I may create my own. There's a lot of underground custom content being made for WoW, so I already know there's a market. If I code it, it will sell (provided it's even halfway good).

Everything on the eShop, PSN, XBL, and Steam is completely worthless to collectors like me. If someone brought out a script that downloaded and decrypted the entire contents of all 4 services, I wouldn't think twice about running it (though I'd certainly need to pick up some more MyBooks). Though I'd obviously want to setup a good VPN and Linux-based firewall (after all, DD-WRT can only do so much). None of this stuff has a production cost for one thing. Most DLC doesn't even have a development cost either. Because most of it was part of the original game design, and they just stripped it out to milk you for more money. While it's all an attempt to sell you worthless files, DLC tends to be a downright scam (especially when the game was made by Capcom, hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't try anything like SFXT again). The last thing you should feel guilty about is taking back parts of a game that were already supposed to be there until someone got greedy.

BTW, if you think my opinions baseless, unsubstantiated, and without precedent, have a link.

Anyway, you have your answer. If you still choose to side with the people that said home audio recording would be the death of music, and that the VCR would be the death of the silver screen, even after reading the above rant, you will be able to gimp your DLC as you wish.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok