Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on the last part, just finished installing a9hl, but my H&S App doesnt show a banner, and when I try to enter it i receive: "This software could not be launched"

So I've tried injecting the HS app with the file I've created before, after that the app was missing, tried the tutorial for defragmenting the CTRNand but didn't worked.

Then I've inject the hs_emu.app I've done in before and got my H&S app back again.

So opened the D9, dumped the hs.app, injected the fbi.cia, tried to inject the app again and same result.

What now? :/

FlQJo3Z.png

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the last part, just finished installing a9hl, but my H&S App doesnt show a banner, and when I try to enter it i receive: "This software could not be launched"

So I've tried injecting the HS app with the file I've created before, after that the app was missing, tried the tutorial for defragmenting the CTRNand but didn't worked.

Then I've inject the hs_emu.app I've done in before and got my H&S app back again.

So opened the D9, dumped the hs.app, injected the fbi.cia, tried to inject the app again and same result.

What now? :/

FlQJo3Z.png
That means sigpatches are disabled. Enable them.

Reactions: Falkiner

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks @innercy and @Supster131 !!!

I've missread the guide, I've read Activate the "Block FIRM partition updates" and DISABLE "Disable Signature Checks" patches, then press Start to continue.

But there's no disable there! :P

Thanks guys!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know if this has already been asked, but is there a way to confirm that EMUNAND 2.1 was successfully unbricked before we flash it to SYSNAND?

I've seen a lot of threads where people flashed the supposedly unbricked 2.1 EMUNAND and got a full brick on SYSNAND. Can we boot the 2.1 EMUNAND before flashing it?
@Plailect
I'm worried about the number of bricks at the step I quoted above. Any pointers to avoid a brick?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the otp always the same for each 3ds? Like, will the otp be the same even after you format your system memory and the sd card?

Also to answer the guy above me, my 3ds did NOT brick when I tried to boot into the 2.1 emuNAND and then flashed the 2.1 emuNAND to sysNAND. That time it worked fine. It DID brick when I did the entire process from scratch a second time and just went ahead and flashed the supposedly unbricked 2.1 emuNAND without trying to boot into it first. Probably just a coincidence, though.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

GreatShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,

I have a problem. In part 5, step 27, I launched arm9loaderhax installer, but I forgot to rename my emuNAND_original.bin to NAND.bin ..
So the 3ds rebooted and it seemed like nothing happened but when I tried to do it again with the emuNAND renamed I wasn't able to launch minipasta, nor Emunand9, Decrypt9 or OTPHelper, none of these homebrew work anymore, they just reboot homebrew launcher when I try one, I don't really know what to do now ..

If anyone has a solution, that would be nice, thank you :)

I got distracted and this happened to me too. What you can do is reboot your console and hold X on boot for Cakes or hold L+R on boot for ARN. This boots into Decrypt9, so you can restore a copy of your sysNAND_original.bin.
Then you can load again arm9loaderhax.3dsx in HBL to use the proper NAND.bin

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you followed an old version of this guide that did not include Updated SysNAND and want to switch to Updated SysNAND + AuReiNAND, just restore your SysNAND from a pre-arm9loaderhax SysNAND backup and follow all of this Part.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND)

I currently have 9.2 (A9LH-with-ScreenInit-)SysNAND and 10.7 (AuRei-)EmuNAND and want to switch to updated SysNAND.
Doesn´t the arm9loaderhax.3dsx just overwrite the old A9LH installation?
Why do I have to restore a pre-A9LH-SysNAND?
  1. Launch the arm9loaderhax installer
  2. "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
  3. The installer will now restore your EmuNAND NAND.bin to SysNAND, then install arm9loaderhax to it
So the arm9loaderhax.3dsx now also installs the NAND.bin?
Is that a new function?

Sorry, haven´t followed the developments for a few weeks.

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Sqall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Plailect
I'm worried about the number of bricks at the step I quoted above. Any pointers to avoid a brick?

I just watched the downgrade installation from the beginning till the end of the downgrade and everything went smooth.
I paid attention if every file was installed and if it had a green installed icon.
Takes time but is still better than a brick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem,i want to switch my SD card from 4GB to 32GB and i don't know where to look for a tutorial,so i post my request here sorry for the off-topic,but i don't want to mess it up.
Maybe with arm9loaderhax it is different i followed this tutorial

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Cakes)

thanks in advance

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got distracted and this happened to me too. What you can do is reboot your console and hold X on boot for Cakes or hold L+R on boot for ARN. This boots into Decrypt9, so you can restore a copy of your sysNAND_original.bin.
Then you can load again arm9loaderhax.3dsx in HBL to use the proper NAND.bin

Yeah thanks finally I managed to boot Decrypt9 but I don't know why the first time I tried with L+R it didn't work that's why I thought something went wrong. I copied the files again and retried and then it worked.

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Can the Micro Sd cart of a New 3DSXL by clone to a bigger Micro Sd Cart. My New 3DSXL already runs on Ame9loaderhax.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem,i want to switch my SD card from 4GB to 32GB and i don't know where to look for a tutorial,so i post my request here sorry for the off-topic,but i don't want to mess it up.
Maybe with arm9loaderhax it is different i followed this tutorial

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Cakes)

thanks in advance

well if you are using emunand then on your new SD card you need to somehow boot up emunand9 from the homebrew launcher and create an emunand partition on it. then after you're done doing that you need to copy all of your old files from the old SD card onto the new SD card. Everything should be fine after that.

for more details do this:
1. with your older SD card in your system boot into the homebrew menu.
2. Load up emunand9
3. Press select to unmount SD card
4. Insert new SD card
5. choose complete emunand setup
6. after that's complete press select to unmount it
7. insert it into your computer and copy everything from your old SD card onto the new SD card
8. done c:

if your 3ds is still on you could insert your new SD card and press start to reboot it, otherwise you can turn it off.

I believe that I got everything. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: if you are not using emunand and you are just using updated sysnand mode you don't need to do all of that. You can just copy everything from your old SD card onto the new SD card.

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag