Homebrew Full RGB with homebrew/mods?

spleenpoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I have to use my Wii U on my monitor which sadly only supports Full RGB.

I am curious if there is finally homebrew or cfw that can change the Wii U to full range?

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Reactions: cucholix

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't heard of anything like that but you might be able to get the result you're looking for if you use a passive component to hdmi or vga connector. The image quality won't be lossless but at the very least you'll be able to get 1080p with the full color range intact.

Reactions: spleenpoker

spleenpoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't heard of anything like that but you might be able to get the result you're looking for if you use a passive component to hdmi or vga connector. The image quality won't be lossless but at the very least you'll be able to get 1080p with the full color range intact.

Awesome, thanks! I will definitely think about that. Is component full range?

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks! I will definitely think about that. Is component full range?
Yeah. For whatever bizarre reason the component output is full range but hdmi is limited only. In my own the tests the added bit of color richness wasn't worth the added video noise especially since not every tv in my house supports full rgb but I hope it helps out for your situation. The gamepad is also full rgb so I'm not really sure what Nintendo was thinking.

Reactions: niuus

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah. For whatever bizarre reason the component output is full range but hdmi is limited only. In my own the tests the added bit of color richness wasn't worth the added video noise especially since not every tv in my house supports full rgb but I hope it helps out for your situation. The gamepad is also full rgb so I'm not really sure what Nintendo was thinking.
No wonder why I've never been able to match gamepad colors on the TV :/

Reactions: Rockhoundhigh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ