I have been working on UCN for about 3 months now and its finnaly done! It features everything. Cutscenes, Power-Ups, Offices, Desk Easter Eggs, every secret Character, Every Easter Egg etc etc.
Heres some footage:
And its download:
But it currently has No Icon or Banner.
I'm just going to say this right now. This port blew me AWAY!!! Yes, there are a few things here and there that could be fixed, but it's manageable. I love how you took advantage of both screens with Foxy's parrot, Rockstar Chica's sign, the ads, and everything else. There is too much to go over, and that's a major compliment.
I discovered this by casually looking for FNaF ROMs since the only one I found that's entirely functional without many game-breaking bugs was the FNaF 1 port.
FNaF is becoming a tiny bit like Doom when it comes to what device I can port FNaF to, lol.
I'm so happy people like you exist to do these things not just for the FNAF community but for the homebrew community as a whole. You are so talented! It gives me another one of my favorite games to play on my treasured system.
---------------------------------------------
Regarding things I disliked in the 3DS UCN port, the binding of the mask and cameras to the circle pad.
I keep accidentally flipping my mask or my camera when trying to move, and it screws me up, or when I'm trying to flip my camera in a rush, I flip my mask.
Maybe you could add a keybind option to change that to the L and R triggers instead of the camera? I wouldn't really be using those because I would have to avoid looking at Bonnie. It's easier to tap the bottom screen than to risk getting a phantom jumpscare or something. It's straightforward to tap personally for a game fast like this.
Or, if possible, add a keybind menu.
Lastly, one other minor thing is the freezing between cutscenes and going back into the menu. I don't know if that has to do with the RAM, but it's just something to add. No biggie for me. It's mostly the keybinds I mentioned that bothered me.
I'm just going to say this right now. This port blew me AWAY!!! Yes, there are a few things here and there that could be fixed, but it's manageable. I love how you took advantage of both screens with Foxy's parrot, Rockstar Chica's sign, the ads, and everything else. There is too much to go over, and that's a major compliment.
I discovered this by casually looking for FNaF ROMs since the only one I found that's entirely functional without many game-breaking bugs was the FNaF 1 port.
FNaF is becoming a tiny bit like Doom when it comes to what device I can port FNaF to, lol.
I'm so happy people like you exist to do these things not just for the FNAF community but for the homebrew community as a whole. You are so talented! It gives me another one of my favorite games to play on my treasured system.
---------------------------------------------
Regarding things I disliked in the 3DS UCN port, the binding of the mask and cameras to the circle pad.
I keep accidentally flipping my mask or my camera when trying to move, and it screws me up, or when I'm trying to flip my camera in a rush, I flip my mask.
Maybe you could add a keybind option to change that to the L and R triggers instead of the camera? I wouldn't really be using those because I would have to avoid looking at Bonnie. It's easier to tap the bottom screen than to risk getting a phantom jumpscare or something. It's straightforward to tap personally for a game fast like this.
Or, if possible, add a keybind menu.
Lastly, one other minor thing is the freezing between cutscenes and going back into the menu. I don't know if that has to do with the RAM, but it's just something to add. No biggie for me. It's mostly the keybinds I mentioned that bothered me.
I'm just going to say this right now. This port blew me AWAY!!! Yes, there are a few things here and there that could be fixed, but it's manageable. I love how you took advantage of both screens with Foxy's parrot, Rockstar Chica's sign, the ads, and everything else. There is too much to go over, and that's a major compliment.
I discovered this by casually looking for FNaF ROMs since the only one I found that's entirely functional without many game-breaking bugs was the FNaF 1 port.
FNaF is becoming a tiny bit like Doom when it comes to what device I can port FNaF to, lol.
I'm so happy people like you exist to do these things not just for the FNAF community but for the homebrew community as a whole. You are so talented! It gives me another one of my favorite games to play on my treasured system.
---------------------------------------------
Regarding things I disliked in the 3DS UCN port, the binding of the mask and cameras to the circle pad.
I keep accidentally flipping my mask or my camera when trying to move, and it screws me up, or when I'm trying to flip my camera in a rush, I flip my mask.
Maybe you could add a keybind option to change that to the L and R triggers instead of the camera? I wouldn't really be using those because I would have to avoid looking at Bonnie. It's easier to tap the bottom screen than to risk getting a phantom jumpscare or something. It's straightforward to tap personally for a game fast like this.
Or, if possible, add a keybind menu.
Lastly, one other minor thing is the freezing between cutscenes and going back into the menu. I don't know if that has to do with the RAM, but it's just something to add. No biggie for me. It's mostly the keybinds I mentioned that bothered me.
Post automatically merged:
I forgot to mention. Do you mind if I make a YouTube video on your port?
Of course you can make a youtube video of it, and sure, i can make a small options menu for the keybinds!
Also thank you alot for this support! I highly appreciate it and dont see it often!
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...