Hacking Full brick - no keys - New boot2, any chance?

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

Been away from the wii hacking forums for a while now and a bit out of touch. About 2 years ago i unbricked my wii using an infectus chip and flashing bootmii to boot2, then used a nand formatter to recover the system files.

I have a friend who has fully bricked their wii without any protection installed (bootmii,priiloader etc)and is sending it to me. Its not as old as mine and im guessing he doesnt have the old vulnerable boot2.

Is there a newer technique to unbrick wii's with the new boot2 and no keys or protection?

Thanks for any advice

Dan

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
You might wanna contact deadly foez here on the forums, he knows nearly all when it comes to infectus
wink.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
woody565 said:
Hi all

Been away from the wii hacking forums for a while now and a bit out of touch. About 2 years ago i unbricked my wii using an infectus chip and flashing bootmii to boot2, then used a nand formatter to recover the system files.

I have a friend who has fully bricked their wii without any protection installed (bootmii,priiloader etc)and is sending it to me. Its not as old as mine and im guessing he doesnt have the old vulnerable boot2.

Is there a newer technique to unbrick wii's with the new boot2 and no keys or protection?

Thanks for any advice

Dan
Actually the vulnerability was in boot1, not boot2.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
You might wanna contact deadly foez here on the forums, he knows nearly all when it comes to infectus
wink.gif

You sent the dude to the slaughter
tongue.gif
Awaiting high level sarcasm

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im back again, the wii is a full brick and has the newer boot 1. is there a fix for this problem or is the wii toast?

Thanks

dan

woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, no nand dump was made before he bricked it. is it possible to extract the keys using infectus from a dump if i remove the nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy