Hacking Full Brick, in need of help :(

BenieUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here we go:

Brand new 10 minute old wii, System menu 3.4 already on.. Used TBR to restore Trucha into ios36, installed cIOS Rev15 then installed every ios from new super mario bros 4.1 update with wadbatchinstaller but not the system menu 4.1 WAD !! i knew before it finished i had made a mistake and when it rebooted it would be a brick but it was too late.

My question is, whats my options to get the 4.1E wad on there? I have no bootmii or preloader, i have hbc installed and i own a WiiKey2 mod i could install.
I also own original games: New Super Mario Bros, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy etc...

Can WiiKey2 autoboot my New Super Mario Bros? to install update.. i also have a spare wii hear to config the chip etc..

Also i did not install IOS36 from New Super Mario Bros update so IOS36 should still be Trucha Signed.

Thanks for any help
wink.gif

EDIT: Just thought id add i also have a FlatMii IOS loader i could use..

PS.. Please dont just tell me to take it back to shop, even though i just bought this an hour ago i would rather sort my own mistakes.. Thanks

BenieUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to everyone for the replies,

Seems WiiKey2 does not have a autoboot feature
frown.gif

Could anyone confirm that if i had a autoboot chip (ie..drivekey) my wii would autoboot NSMB from start-up and bypass the broken (stub) menu?

BenieUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Chances are he is running on a stub system menu IOS sense he installed every wad on the mario disk
Your case is a full brick autobooting wont work

Yes this seems to be the problem, thanks for all your help guys.. looks like i will just have to buy another
frown.gif

Learn by your mistakes.. lol

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If he installed all of the IOS from NSMB then he is definitely running on a stubbed system menu IOS as the 3.4 system menu IOS was stubbed. ( hence black screen brick .)

I can't remember to be honest if you can sort this out or not. Do you need a working system menu IOS to access the recovery menu via savemefrii or SaveMii?

Also, if he could autoboot super smash brothers through recovery menu, could he not use Smash Stack or something along those lines to run wad manager or whatever to reinstall the relevant IOS ( IOS50 if on 3.4? )

Sorry if I am thinking the wrong things here, two many tablets and beers
tongue.gif

Edit - Didn't realize your from the UK - afaik, Comex has not released the PAL Smash Stack.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
BenieUK said:
Well here we go:

Brand new 10 minute old wii, System menu 3.4 already on.. Used TBR to restore Trucha into ios36, installed cIOS Rev15 then installed every ios from new super mario bros 4.1 update with wadbatchinstaller but not the system menu 4.1 WAD !! i knew before it finished i had made a mistake and when it rebooted it would be a brick but it was too late.

PS.. Please dont just tell me to take it back to shop, even though i just bought this an hour ago i would rather sort my own mistakes.. Thanks

Why did you do that? Why not just go to system menu 4.2 following THE guide? Full system brick, take to shop and say it was bought for son / daughter and it doesnt work.

Leon

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leondmsmith said:
BenieUK said:
Well here we go:

Why did you do that? Why not just go to system menu 4.2 following THE guide? Full system brick, take to shop and say it was bought for son / daughter and it doesnt work.

Leon

this is the only solution

and you can tell it's a brick after the 4.2 update you did when you try to access shop channel..

BenieUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
this is the only solution

and you can tell it's a brick after the 4.2 update you did when you try to access shop channel..

yer sounds like good idea now, thanks everyone.

will update on how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described