Hacking Frustrating day with DevkitPRO

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm missing this specific library.

LIBS := -ldi -liso9660 -lpng -lmxml \
-lfat -lwiiuse -lz -lbte -lasnd -logc -lvorbisidec -logg -lfreetype -ltinysmb

I was able to find portlibs in an old download folder that I have, but the file I keep getting an error on is "logg". I've been googling all afternoon and I can't find it anywhere. I couldn't even find portlibs, I just got lucky that I still had it. Anyone know where I can get LIBS so I can compile Wii Homebrew?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tremor library is different in the pacman distribution. You need "ppc-libogg" and "ppc-libvorbisidec". (use "-logg -lvorbisidec" in your LIBS path)

Here's a lib folder that I made to use while porting USB Loader GX to GCC 8.1. It should have almost everything you need if you don't want to mess with upgrading to the newer tremor.

Attachments

• libs.zip
    3 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tremor library is different in the pacman distribution. You need "ppc-libogg" and "ppc-libvorbisidec". (use "-logg -lvorbisidec" in your LIBS path)

Here's a lib folder that I made to use while porting USB Loader GX to GCC 8.1. It should have almost everything you need if you don't want to mess with upgrading to the newer tremor.
I have no idea what I'm doing.. I don't have -logg or -lvorbisidec so I changed them in the makefile path to the two you mentioned and it still didn't find anything. I have no idea where I should be placing these directories.

This is the error I keep getting.

make -f Makefile.wii
make[1]: Entering directory '/c/devkitprojects/fceugx-master/fceugx-master'
linking ... fceugx-wii.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.1.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -logg
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:25: /c/devkitprojects/fceugx-master/fceugx-master/executables/fceugx-wii.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile.wii:117: build_wii] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/c/devkitprojects/fceugx-master/fceugx-master'
make: *** [Makefile:8: wii] Error 2

Sorry if I'm coming off as sounding annoyed. It just seems like no one compiles dols anymore, and from what I've gathered, it's because some of these updates are using some form of another's copyrighted code? Idk. All I know is that I have limited free time to do things like this anymore, and when I try to learn how to compile files for myself, every google search yields results full of threads where everyone assumes that you already have a deep knowledge of DevkitPRO. So in an effort to find answers I keep diving deeper and deeper into google, only to come up empty handed. - And all I really wanted to do with my limited free time was play some retro games.

Last edited by portugeek,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use the newer pacman-distributed tremor library you can install it from a command line.
Code:
pacman -S ppc-libogg ppc-libvorbisidec

If you want to use the old one in the zip I posted then put the libs folder in your project folder and add "$(CURDIR)/libs" to the LIBDIRS declaration in the makefile.

Reactions: portugeek

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
./powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible C:/devkitprojects/fceugx-master/fceugx-master/portlibs/ppu/lib\libogg.a when searching for -logg

That's the error I'm getting now.

And when I try to install the newer pacman-distributed tremor library I get this error.

Code:
C:\>pacman -S ppc-libogg ppc-libvorbisidec
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (2) ppc-libogg-1.3.3-2  ppc-libvorbisidec-1.2.1-1

Total Download Size:   0.09 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.28 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 ppc-libogg-1.3.3-2-any                          15.6 KiB  2.54M/s 00:00 [#######################################] 100%
 ppc-libvorbisidec-1.2.1-1-any                   75.9 KiB  1808K/s 00:00 [#######################################] 100%
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                           [#######################################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                         [#######################################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                              [#######################################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                        [#######################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ppc-libvorbisidec: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include/tremor/config_types.h exists in filesystem
ppc-libvorbisidec: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include/tremor/ivorbiscodec.h exists in filesystem
ppc-libvorbisidec: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include/tremor/ivorbisfile.h exists in filesystem
ppc-libvorbisidec: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib/libvorbisidec.a exists in filesystem
ppc-libvorbisidec: /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib/libvorbisidec.la exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah pacman doesn't like unversioned stuff in its paths. You have to delete the old ones first.

Put the $(CURDIR)/libs in the Makefile.wii before the portlibs one: "LIBDIRS := $(CURDIR)/libs $(PORTLIBS)"

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah pacman doesn't like unversioned stuff in its paths. You have to delete the old ones first.

Put the $(CURDIR)/libs in the Makefile.wii before the portlibs one: "LIBDIRS := $(CURDIR)/libs $(PORTLIBS)"
I tried that as soon as I got home, and I still received errors. So I started dropping the files that it kept hanging on, inside the libs folder. I kept getting further and further, until I eventually hit an error I couldn't get passed.

If you have the extra time, could you try compiling the new FCEUGX with the WIIU GAMEPAD support just to see if you're able finish compiling all the way on your end? I really want to figure out what I'm missing, or what I'm doing wrong.

https://github.com/dborth/fceugx/tree/master/source This is the link to 3.4.1 w/ Wiiu Gamepad support, it never received a compiled release.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some things to compile.. I still haven't been able to get FceuGX to compile without errors. I get a .dol file but when I try to use WiiVC Injector it gives me Title ID errors and won't allow me to build the injection.

I haven't been able to compile any of dborth's emulators. I'm trying with genplus and I'm getting more errors with this one than I do with the other 3 combined. I have no idea whats causing the errors.

Any help in understanding what's going on here would be appreciated.
Code:
state.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/state.c: In function 'state_save':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/state.c:200:3: warning: 'strncpy' output truncated before terminating nul copying 16 bytes from a string of the same length [-Wstringop-truncation]
   strncpy(version,STATE_VERSION,16);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/state.c:264:5: warning: 'strncpy' output truncated before terminating nul copying 4 bytes from a string of the same length [-Wstringop-truncation]
     strncpy(id,"SCD!",4);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Code:
z80.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/z80/z80.c:467:12: warning: 'Z80op' defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
 PROTOTYPES(Z80op,op);
            ^~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/z80/z80.c:432:22: note: in definition of macro 'PROTOTYPES'
 static const funcptr tablename[0x100] = {  \
                      ^~~~~~~~~
Code:
cdd.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/cdd.c: In function 'cdd_load':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/cdd.c:1151:5: warning: 'strncpy' output truncated before terminating nul copying 4 bytes from a string of the same length [-Wstringop-truncation]
     strncpy(&fname[strlen(fname) - 4], ".sub", 4);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Code:
ssp16.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cart_hw/svp/ssp16.c: In function 'pm_io':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cart_hw/svp/ssp16.c:560:54: warning: bitwise comparison always evaluates to false [-Wtautological-compare]
         if ((signed int)(ssp->pmac[0][reg] & 0xffff) == -1) ssp->pmac[0][reg] += 1<<16;
                                                      ^~
Code:
chd.c
In file included from C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.c:47:
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.c: In function 'chd_get_metadata':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'UINT32' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
 #define HARD_DISK_METADATA_FORMAT "CYLS:%d,HEADS:%d,SECS:%d,BPS:%d"
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: note: in definition of macro 'HARD_DISK_METADATA_FORMAT'
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'UINT32' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: note: in definition of macro 'HARD_DISK_METADATA_FORMAT'
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'UINT32' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/src/chd.h:216:35: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 6 has type 'UINT32' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
Code:
stream_decoder.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c: In function 'read_residual_partitioned_rice_':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c:2774:82: warning: passing argument 2 of 'FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
    if(!FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block(decoder->private_->input, residual + sample, u, rice_parameter))
                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
In file included from C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c:46:
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/include/private/bitreader.h:84:76: note: expected 'int *' but argument is of type 'FLAC__int32 *' {aka 'long int *'}
 FLAC__bool FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block(FLAC__BitReader *br, int vals[], unsigned nvals, unsigned parameter);
                                                                        ~~~~^~~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c:2783:66: warning: passing argument 2 of 'FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_int32' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
     if(!FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_int32(decoder->private_->input, &i, rice_parameter))
                                                                  ^~
In file included from C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c:46:
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/include/private/bitreader.h:76:77: note: expected 'FLAC__int32 *' {aka 'long int *'} but argument is of type 'int *'
 FLAC__bool FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_int32(FLAC__BitReader *br, FLAC__int32 *val, unsigned bits);
                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
Code:
bitreader.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c: In function 'FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c:721:46: warning: passing argument 2 of 'FLAC__bitreader_read_unary_unsigned' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
  if(!FLAC__bitreader_read_unary_unsigned(br, &msbs))
                                              ^~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c:630:79: note: expected 'unsigned int *' but argument is of type 'FLAC__uint32 *' {aka 'long unsigned int *'}
 FLAC__bool FLAC__bitreader_read_unary_unsigned(FLAC__BitReader *br, unsigned *val)
                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~^~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c: In function 'FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c:850:44: warning: passing argument 2 of 'FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_uint32' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
    if(!FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_uint32(br, &lsbs, parameter - ucbits))
                                            ^~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/core/cd_hw/libchdr/deps/libFLAC/bitreader.c:365:79: note: expected 'FLAC__uint32 *' {aka 'long unsigned int *'} but argument is of type 'unsigned int *'
 FLAC__bool FLAC__bitreader_read_raw_uint32(FLAC__BitReader *br, FLAC__uint32 *val, unsigned bits)
                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
Code:
gx_audio.c
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/gx/gx_audio.c: In function 'gx_audio_Init':
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/gx/gx_audio.c:87:17: error: storage size of 'filestat' isn't known
     struct stat filestat;
                 ^~~~~~~~
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/gx/gx_audio.c:88:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'stat'; did you mean 'mstats'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     stat(fname, &filestat);
     ^~~~
     mstats
C:/devkitprojects/genesis-plus-gx-master/gx/gx_audio.c:87:17: warning: unused variable 'filestat' [-Wunused-variable]
     struct stat filestat;
                 ^~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/base_rules:18: gx_audio.o] Error 1

Last edited by portugeek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.