FIXED! Front Page News Image Resizing

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if it has been discussed in the Staff forums, but can we set a rule or something for the below? Huuuuge images that would probably take about a minute to resize.

sads_zps520fabf8.png

dsdsd_zpsc39cab5d.png

sadsds_zps07f8564c.png

1sd_zps0a681d05.png

Not a huuuge issue. (Well it is literally.) But I personally find these huge images to be a bit unprofessional. Thoughts? (BTW, I even had to zoom out to fix some of these image into view.)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The images definitely should have some kind of uniformity in terms of size. These incredibly large images, although I understand they come straight from importing posts to the front page, should be fixed to make the front page seem a little bit more professional.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no reason for the images to be wider than 2/3'ds of the column they're in and they shouldn't be taller than 300 pixels as a general rule, and although USN posts can deviate from that rule, Front page ones shouldn't. People can choose to visit the USN or not, they can't very well do the same thing about the Front page posts which are all displayed at once.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bumping this. Gib me powers to resize, and edit front news content.

Images are huge.
Fonts are screwed up. (In the new Mario has no online news.)
Lettering is not visible in the latest Microsoft Xbox One portal news for dark theme users.

Fix pls.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I limited the width of images to 350px through CSS.
It applies to the front page only, it'll show full size in the thread.

The dark text is this problem: http://gbatemp.net/threads/mitigating-the-tempstyle-dark-problem.349594/
It needs to be manually corrected, at least for now.
Normally this has to be done when the thread is promoted to the front page, but it looks like not all staff is aware of it.

Reactions: Devin

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I limited the width of images to 350px through CSS.
It applies to the front page only, it'll show full size in the thread.

The dark text is this problem: http://gbatemp.net/threads/mitigating-the-tempstyle-dark-problem.349594/
It needs to be manually corrected, at least for now.
Normally this has to be done when the thread is promoted to the front page, but it looks like not all staff is aware of it.

Perfect. Just the changed font in the Mario news is all that's left. But it's not bothering me that much.

Perhaps a Staff wide PM with a link to that thread would fix that issue. But overall thanks.

EDIT: Just one more tiny thing, centering the images on the front page? Now that they've been shrunken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show