I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
So I know suggestions to add dislikes to the forum have been shot down multiple times already, but hear me out.
What if we had dislikes, but only on front-paged posts? It would not affect the poster's XP or like count; it would be purely a way to express your gruntledness/disgruntledness on news.

EDIT: For some reason this is still getting views. If you're reading this, I have a new opinion on dislikes on this forum. My new view is as follows: dislike buttons should be added, but only to posts that ask for a dislike button.

Last edited by smileyhead,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dislikes have been suggested and shot down time and time again. They discourage discussion no matter how you limit their scope; we aren't reddit, we are a forum. Discussion is kinda our thing.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another way to "dislike" an article is to choose not to "like" an article.

Seems a tad redundant to add another feature to accomplish that same function.

Also, would encourage salty boys too much.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we get a dislike function, but only for stupid suggestions like this?
If you dislike something, either have the balls to voice it in the news post or simply stop reading it. No one actually cares what you dislike or not. It's not conducive in any way.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We did actually have this at one point (would have been early 2012 when I saw it, sadly wayback machine and I guess guests did not see the counter). Nobody really cared though and all counts I saw on it were vastly different to what the thread itself played out like as far as discussions and positive interactions, maybe it was the "silent 90%" thing but eh really.

Another way to "dislike" an article is to choose not to "like" an article.
... guess I truly don't like anything.

That said if you do dislike something then far better to give even a 30 second comment covering why. A number like dislikes does not tell people to change their language to something more legible, that something that said was wrong, that some key info was missing, that something goes against some kind of morals or the spirit of the site...
A fully realised counter essay is very much welcome but you can knock things like the above out in 30 seconds as bullet points and still get a message across, might cause a bit more reading and contemplation if we have to spot issues from points left but it will be done.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn