Gaming From the Abyss multiplayer suckiness.

Ruri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I had a friend over and we thought we'd play From the Abyss multiplayer for a bit. We both created new characters, since, after all, otherwise our levels would be vastly different; and we played through, with a few false starts, until we'd beaten the first boss.

The game simply ignored it. We stepped into the teleporter back to down, and our kill against the first boss didn't count for either of us -- not only did we not get a reward, but none of the teleporters for the other levels we'd visited were activated. It is simply impossible to play through the game in multiplayer.

This is, without question, the stupidest design decision in the entire game, and one of the stupidest (though sadly common) that I've seen in a multiplayer game to date. It make multiplayer essentially unplayable unless you happen to have a character of the same level as your friend by complete coincidence, and even then you can't actually get anywhere in multiplayer.

Is there some way around this? Some cheat code that will make multiplayer actually, you know, work? A cheat that will enable every level, at least? Because as it is now, this is just stupid. Why include multiplayer if they're not even going to let you play through the game using it?

Ruri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I like at least one feature in From the Abyss: It's fun not knowing about every single spell / skill available to your class beforehand, discovering them as you go instead. I always found the Diablo-style skill/spell system to be less interesting, and I don't really have too much desire to play yet another game that uses it... if you can already see every single ability you'll ever get throughout the gam, what's the point? Discovering new spells and abilities is half the fun for me.

Anyway, we were having lots of fun with it up until that point... I just want to know if there's some way around this stupid multiplayer issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F