Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Helll guys,
Sorry from my newbie question but I really don’t understand how properly Install luma.

My situation is this:
I actually have a new 3ds XL which is installed an Emunand with Homebrew + Reinand..

I would switch to Luma3DS with the Emunand (I read that I could to this with a Sysnand but I prefer Emunand in case of problem). And of course, install the last update for my 3ds if possibile..

So what is the step to do this in my case? I also need to install or update something like arm.. Boot9Strap and other things in my case?

P.s: for online gaming I read that there is no problem or ban with the last 3ds update.. is correct? :)

Thanks a lot :)

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have A9LH or menuhax? When your console boots up, do you see funny colours or not? And do you see anything interesting if you hold Select on boot (hold it before pressing power and keep holding while console boots up)?
Mmm I see strange letters and full screen colours.. I don’t know if I have a9lh or menuhax.. I remember that before I used rx tool

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mmm I see strange letters and full screen colours.. I don’t know if I have a9lh or menuhax.. I remember that before I used rx tool
Yep you have menuhax. See a response made to someone in the same situation as you (except you probably can't just update, as ReiNAND might not be compatible with the latest firmware):
Yes you can update. If you'd like to get B9S, do the following.
  1. Boot up without the SD card
  2. When the home menu shows put the SD card back in
  3. Go to themes and change it to anything else
  4. Go to https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) and follow it, and continue to the next page etc.
  5. If you get an option to move emuNAND, follow it

EmuNAND won't do you want good, it can't save you from anything that your can't get saved from using sysNAND. All it does is waste a GB or more of space on your SD card, and mean that you can't transfer SD cards very easily. Plus other inconveniences like having to install DSiWare and GBA games twice.

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep you have menuhax. See a response made to someone in the same situation as you (except you probably can't just update, as ReiNAND might not be compatible with the latest firmware):

EmuNAND won't do you want good, it can't save you from anything that your can't get saved from using sysNAND. All it does is waste a GB or more of space on your SD card, and mean that you can't transfer SD cards very easily. Plus other inconveniences like having to install DSiWare and GBA games twice.

So do you suggest to trash the Emunand and follow the guide from the start like if it was the first time that I hack 3ds? :)

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I read all guide...
I’m little scare to work on Sysnand.. I hope to do all things corrects...

I have the following questions before start. :)

1) I need to clean Emunand with all strange or outdated files like old CFW, bin files and so on before import to Sysnand? Or will be safe in all cases?

2) Do you suggest to import Emunand with that files that I mentioned? Or the best way will be a clean Sysnand install? I have a lot of games into the Emunand but I want to do the best things possibile with the minor chanche to get bans :)

Thanks guys

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I read all guide...
I’m little scare to work on Sysnand.. I hope to do all things corrects...

I have the following questions before start. :)

1) I need to clean Emunand with all strange or outdated files like old CFW, bin files and so on before import to Sysnand? Or will be safe in all cases?

2) Do you suggest to import Emunand with that files that I mentioned? Or the best way will be a clean Sysnand install? I have a lot of games into the Emunand but I want to do the best things possibile with the minor chanche to get bans :)

Thanks guys
If you follow the steps i mentioned,you'll have all your data from emuNAND on your sysNAND. No need to clean anything (not sure what you meant).

Reactions: Drakas

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you follow the steps i mentioned,you'll have all your data from emuNAND on your sysNAND. No need to clean anything (not sure what you meant).

I mean that I have a lot of custom firmware and Homebrew.. my fear is that could conflicting if imported into Sysnand or the importing process doesn’t care about that?

And about Emunand importing.. is safe or is better to not import it and start from a clean Sysnand with maybe a better stability, minor change of bans? (I think about windows, that is always better and faster when I format and start with a clean file system :) )

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I mean that I have a lot of custom firmware and Homebrew.. my fear is that could conflicting if imported into Sysnand or the importing process doesn’t care about that?

And about Emunand importing.. is safe or is better to not import it and start from a clean Sysnand with maybe a better stability, minor change of bans? (I think about windows, that is always better and faster when I format and start with a clean file system :) )
All the files that aren't needed it just won't read, you don't have to worry about that. You can start again on sysNAND if your want but you'd still have to follow most of the "Move emuNAND" section so that it was removed from your SD card (just don't do the step involving restoring the backup to sysNAND if you don't want your emuNAND data). It won't make anything less stable though. If you get problems in the future you can just do a CTR transfer.

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok i followed the guide but actually i'm stuck on the "backup emunand " point.
I formatted the emunand as the guide said, but now i have the following question: clone sysnand to rednand now?
What shold i choose? yes or not?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok i followed the guide but actually i'm stuck on the "backup emunand " point.
I formatted the emunand as the guide said, but now i have the following question: clone sysnand to rednand now?
What shold i choose? yes or not?

What guide are you following again? I don't think it would tell you to format emuNAND - that's where your data is. Are you in https://3ds.guide/move-emunand?

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What guide are you following again? I don't think it would tell you to format emuNAND - that's where your data is. Are you in https://3ds.guide/move-emunand?

Yes I was in move-emunand chapter, the guide miss what to answer at the question (I choose no, so no more Emunand/rednand).. now i have the 3ds works perfectly with my old games... thank you so much.. I see a lot of improvements, so cool! :D

Reactions: Quantumcat

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last question: if I'll want to format my 3ds and my SD card in the future, will be fine reinitialize my 3ds and clean up my SD from all files? There is a guide/tutorial for this case?
Of course I want to preserve Luma and the possibility to install CIAs :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last question: if I'll want to format my 3ds and my SD card in the future, will be fine reinitialize my 3ds and clean up my SD from all files? There is a guide/tutorial for this case?
Of course I want to preserve Luma and the possibility to install CIAs :)
Yep you can format your console without losing B9S. After formatting, follow finalizing-setup again to get needed homebrew etc.

Drakas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep you can format your console without losing B9S. After formatting, follow finalizing-setup again to get needed homebrew etc.

Last question about online gaming.. I read a lot of topic on this forum and for what I understand there are 4 mode to install games AND play online safe:

1) Install CIA legit /online-ready games
2) Install freeshop (CIA) and download from it
3) Use download manager/rosalina then launch freeshop and download from it
4) Use download manager/rosalina then launch a .3dsx game (previously obtained from internet) and play

What is the safest method for online play? or all that methods are the same probability of bans?
I would stay for the second.. because freeshop is very easy and smart... but risks of bans is more higher that the others?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Last question about online gaming.. I read a lot of topic on this forum and for what I understand there are 4 mode to install games AND play online safe:

1) Install CIA legit /online-ready games
2) Install freeshop (CIA) and download from it
3) Use download manager/rosalina then launch freeshop and download from it
4) Use download manager/rosalina then launch a .3dsx game (previously obtained from internet) and play

What is the safest method for online play? or all that methods are the same probability of bans?
I would stay for the second.. because freeshop is very easy and smart... but risks of bans is more higher that the others?

Online play is safe as long as you don't cheat online, don't play unreleased games online, and don't use a flashcart to play online games (without some extra work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu