Homebrew From 3.2E to 4.2E.. help please!

cooleothman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
smile.gif

I want to update my softmodded 3.2E(i went from 3.1E to 3.2E with AnyRegionChanger) with cios rev 7, a few IOS's installled as wads , Wadmanager, Gamma backup loader, some VC and WiiWare games and I once used a shop installer last year during Christmas.)

I want to go to 4.2E because I'm sick of patching all those games and installing those wads.
hate2.gif

I want to update legally, if possible.(second option would be Waninkoko)

I don't have any Bootmii or something like that.

I somewhere read you could update safe to 4.2E with keeping your homebrew abilities if you had a specific cios rev version.

Is the chance big I'll get a brick?
blink.gif

Who can help me?
unsure.gif

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
4.2 blocks region free, so if you play any of those games, just stick to 4.1.
also, if you cant be bothered applying regionfii/brickblocker, just use startpatch to disable disc channel updates. most new games rely on IOS53,55,56 to run, so just use dopIOS MOD to install those, or download them from NUSD yourself. the only big change in the 4.0 updates is loading wiiware/vc from the SD card and SDHC support.

also, i dont recommend using waninkokos updaters, pointless. youre better off dowloading the wad files from here and updating offline. you can find the xzxeros update guide here

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
4.2 blocks region free, so if you play any of those games, just stick to 4.1.
also, if you cant be bothered applying regionfii/brickblocker, just use startpatch to disable disc channel updates. most new games rely on IOS53,55,56 to run, so just use dopIOS MOD to install those, or download them from NUSD yourself. the only big change in the 4.0 updates is loading wiiware/vc from the SD card and SDHC support.

also, i dont recommend using waninkokos updaters, pointless. youre better off dowloading the wad files from here and updating offline. you can find the xzxeros update guide here

Agreed. But you can also use Dop-IOS mod to download both a System Menu IOS and a new System Menu, so you can avoid waninkoko's updater altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021