Hacking Friend updated my sysnand to 11.3.0-36U (I have gateway) Is there anything I can do?

Sektaris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends~ As said is the title, a friend of mine updated my 3ds one night to 11.3 and now I cannot access the gateway menu and play my roms.. Is there anything I can do to get my 3ds running roms again? Thank you!

Reactions: fmhugo

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends~ As said is the title, a friend of mine updated my 3ds one night to 11.3 and now I cannot access the gateway menu and play my roms.. Is there anything I can do to get my 3ds running roms again? Thank you!
You can install B9S and Luma3DS. After that, you can use CFW to downgrade your sysNAND to a Gateway-compatible version.

If I were you, I would just install B9S and Luma3DS, and I would ditch Gateway completely. The use of Gateway is no longer recommended because it's so outdated and lacking support. CFW can also do everything a Gateway can, plus a lot more.

Follow this guide to install B9S and Luma3DS on 11.3:
https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much Lacius!
I should have also mentioned that after you install B9S and Luma3DS, you don't have to downgrade your sysNAND to use Gateway. You can launch a Gateway emuNAND using B9S as long as the emuNAND is on version 11.2 or lower.

Sektaris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I'd rather use whatever's newest if gateway is outdated, I just want to be able to play roms again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No problem, I'd rather use whatever's newest if gateway is outdated, I just want to be able to play roms again.
Do note that any .3DS/.3DZ ROM saves you have can only be used with Gateway, as you can't run .3DS/.3DZ ROMs with CFW. You can convert the saves but it does require being able to boot into Gateway Mode to export the saves with a save manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill