paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is homebrew.
I can guarentee that. It is passme created by the DSGBA team. The icon is an N-Card logo. The logo is easy to change on ROMS, but whatever.
Its not just a passme dump.
What did you think of the other files?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is homebrew.
I can guarentee that. It is passme created by the DSGBA team. The icon is an N-Card logo. The logo is easy to change on ROMS, but whatever.
Its not just a passme dump.
What did you think of the other files?
Let's see, I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism but here goes.
I think it's not really "essential" as in that there's a lot of stuff in there you will likely not need.
A small text file in each dir that explains what each program does and how to use it would be convenient for newcomers.
You added a "DS save tool" which is entirely in Chinese. Not very user-friendly. Maybe a link to the online gbatemp converter would be better?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can easily convert it into english.
You can see a little drop down box near the top that has english or chinese language options.
I will add a text file, thats not a bad idea.
What do you think is useless?

userme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, I did reformat my n-card when I got an error said, "File Write Error." I tried reformat it with the FULL FORMAT, but it took 6 hours and never finished formatting. So I tried the Quick option with both FAT or FAT32. It was successfully reformatted. However, now I got "Error: Data is not align 16k!"

My computer can read my n-card, but my NDS player cannot load the games. Please....help!!! it keeps displaying, "Error: Data is not align 16k!"

I very appreciate your helps!

dancewav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok , trying to upgrade my firmware when i get to step 4

.still holding "up", press "L+R+A+B", will enter upgrade mode(red color text).

instead of upgrade mode I get safe mode and cant seem to do anything. is this normal ???
what should i do ?
am I being thick ?

leinad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok , trying to upgrade my firmware when i get to step 4

.still holding "up", press "L+R+A+B", will enter upgrade mode(red color text).

instead of upgrade mode I get safe mode and cant seem to do anything. is this normal ???
what should i do ?
am I being thick ?

----
USB Safe Block (or smth like that) you should enter, then just execute the .bat...

~~

Anyone here had the error "Nitro file error" x_x ???
I've got it after experimental apps using the FAT lib >.<
But I will try to reformat it, maybe it helps x_X

iPWN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I reformat, I lose save game data. WAAA
cry.gif
cry.gif

leinad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Important: This upgrade need to format N-Card, please backup your game and save first.

To Format somethink: The File System will be set again, so every file in the memory will be deleted, incluiding saves~

leinad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep :x
When you get it and just want to play normal Roms or Homebrews without DLDI its just copy&paste.

But when you get an older firmware on your card and you want to play Zelda or use DLDI you will have to patch it as example [but I dont think firmware upgrading is such a hard think
laugh.gif
]~

The errors postet in the first post are rare~
"File Write error" ~ "Not format" etc I maybe got 1~2 Times in the whole time I had a N-Card

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is quite easy. I now realize that the DLDI patch that the Ncard team released is different that the one that it uses to auto patch. If you dont upgrade DLDI does not work right. And if you are running FW from before july, Zelda won't save.

Upgrading fixes somethings, i guess. People still seem to have trouble with it. Ive had my Ncard since the first release and Ive upgraded to the latest firmware everytime the FW came out and ive never had trouble.

EDIT:
WOOT! My ZIP file is on the front page topic! I rule! 56 downloads with the latest just a few minutes ago.

When I get my post count to 500, Im changing my title to Ncard King.
laugh.gif

EDIT2: You guys better appreciate that ncard help file I included. I spent days translating it.

bysk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, throwing this one out there because I haven't found an answer. I've formatted, put the new firmware on, and followed all instructions that I've seen on here. I'm getting a white screen when I try to load an NDS file. I select the game and both screens go white and stay white. Any help?

Stale Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

For some reason, my DS was showing that there was 526 files on my DS which is certainly not right. My original roms were there, but so were hundreds of 0mb files that didn't work. After scrolling through some of them the menu would lock up and I'd have to restart.

I took all the roms off, but i came accross one that must have been corrupted or something. It refused to delete, be cut, copied, or even renamed.

I formatted the card using the button combo's. Now, my xmenu file has disappeared, so now it comes up with the xmenu missing error message.

Help much appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry fellas, worked it out. I actually looked in the downloads section and realised this was a stupid question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think