Homebrew freeShop no longer works

SRKTiberious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just recently moved my RedNAND to SysNAND (Sys was on 9.2, Red on 11.2, on an A9LHed o3DS), and now freeShop crashes very shortly after opening it.

Symptoms are: my background music sounds like garbage for a few moments, and then freeShop locks up completely, necessitating a power-down.

Up until I moved from RedNAND to SysNAND, freeShop ran just fine. What can I do to get it working again?

SRKTiberious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Will do shortly. By the way, anyone posted a better looping version of the Wii Shop BGM for it? With the one I have, there's a noticeable skip at the loop point, and I'd fix it, but I don't know how to create .ogg files.

Edit: Nope. The BGM sounds a lot better now, but it still crashes after about a second of displaying the games list.

Last edited by SRKTiberious,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Will do shortly. By the way, anyone posted a better looping version of the Wii Shop BGM for it? With the one I have, there's a noticeable skip at the loop point, and I'd fix it, but I don't know how to create .ogg files.

Edit: Nope. The BGM sounds a lot better now, but it still crashes after about a second of displaying the games list.
Don't use BGM with freeShop. That's your issue. It's almost a guaranteed crash until TheCruel can fix it.

D

Deleted User

You might have to scan that qr code again since it gets removed when moving it.Same thing happened to my emunand.

Last edited by ,

SRKTiberious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moved the .ogg files out of the /data/freeShop directory, and it's no longer crashing. I think it's dumb that that's an issue, but I'm sure that the next version will have that fixed.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I had an ogg set for "intro" and it caused the app to take about two minutes to close. Changed it to "loop" and it exits normally. The feature definitely causes weird stuff to happen sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock