ROM Hack Freeshop games not updating!

yaikaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just downloaded 3.1.8 from a QR code, but the first game on the list is still Monster Hunter XX, with no signs of any new games released after that. How do I fix this? I'm fairly new to all of this and haven't tried to fix it for a while so a very simple explanation would be highly appreciated!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can only tell you it's related to the keys database you are using and that it seems to be an outdated one (if you are using an illegal one). Explaining more could go against the rules, so take a hint from what I said...

Reactions: yaikaro

yaikaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can only tell you it's related to the keys database you are using and that it seems to be an outdated one (if you are using an illegal one). Explaining more could go against the rules, so take a hint from what I said...

Okay. I'm still not too sure what you're getting at but I'll have a go. Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't fix it. You'll have to wait for the cache to be updated, or use something else.

Edit: Or, read above.

sorted! thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cracked it, thanks!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just downloaded 3.1.8 from a QR code, but the first game on the list is still Monster Hunter XX, with no signs of any new games released after that. How do I fix this? I'm fairly new to all of this and haven't tried to fix it for a while so a very simple explanation would be highly appreciated!
Are you using the .gq url for the title keys? The domain changed.
This seems to be the most up to date FreeShop fork, it might have more games as the cache updates more often: https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases

Rusty_raccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna just ask off this thread than make a new one. i have free shop 4.1.2 ( its the most i could get it to update) i have a few games i got from there that want to update , should i allow them? i updated my firmware 11.6.0 .. also i havent allowed anything to use spotpass just allowing streetpass are either of those okay to use?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna just ask off this thread than make a new one. i have free shop 4.1.2 ( its the most i could get it to update) i have a few games i got from there that want to update , should i allow them? i updated my firmware 11.6.0 .. also i havent allowed anything to use spotpass just allowing streetpass are either of those okay to use?
There's no reason not to update your games. You can update your games using freeShop, eShop, or by installing the updates manually using FBI.

Rusty_raccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason not to update your games. You can update your games using freeShop, eShop, or by installing the updates manually using FBI.
i havent seen an update from within freeshops app , it wants to update when i start the game (maybe it asks what i want to update it with if i select yes) anyway thanks. wasnt sure .. so should i not use spot pass if not is streetpass okay?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent seen an update from within freeshops app , it wants to update when i start the game (maybe it asks what i want to update it with if i select yes) anyway thanks. wasnt sure .. so should i not use spot pass if not is streetpass okay?
Spotpass is bad. Streetpass is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself