Freeshop games not updating!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by yaikaro, Jan 31, 2018.

1. yaikaro
    OP

yaikaro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just downloaded 3.1.8 from a QR code, but the first game on the list is still Monster Hunter XX, with no signs of any new games released after that. How do I fix this? I'm fairly new to all of this and haven't tried to fix it for a while so a very simple explanation would be highly appreciated!

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I can only tell you it's related to the keys database you are using and that it seems to be an outdated one (if you are using an illegal one). Explaining more could go against the rules, so take a hint from what I said...

yaikaro likes this.
  3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can't fix it. You'll have to wait for the cache to be updated, or use something else.

Edit: Or, read above.

yaikaro likes this.
  4. yaikaro
    OP

yaikaro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Okay. I'm still not too sure what you're getting at but I'll have a go. Thanks!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sorted! thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Cracked it, thanks!

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Are you using the .gq url for the title keys? The domain changed.
    This seems to be the most up to date FreeShop fork, it might have more games as the cache updates more often: https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases

CptPotato and yaikaro like this.
  6. yaikaro
    OP

yaikaro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thanks! its fully updated now :)

7. Rusty_raccoon

Rusty_raccoon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    im gonna just ask off this thread than make a new one. i have free shop 4.1.2 ( its the most i could get it to update) i have a few games i got from there that want to update , should i allow them? i updated my firmware 11.6.0 .. also i havent allowed anything to use spotpass just allowing streetpass are either of those okay to use?

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There's no reason not to update your games. You can update your games using freeShop, eShop, or by installing the updates manually using FBI.

9. Rusty_raccoon

Rusty_raccoon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    i havent seen an update from within freeshops app , it wants to update when i start the game (maybe it asks what i want to update it with if i select yes) anyway thanks. wasnt sure .. so should i not use spot pass if not is streetpass okay?

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Spotpass is bad. Streetpass is good.