Freedom Planet 2 shows off its adventure mode in a new trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Oct 28, 2019.

Front-page

A new trailer for the upcoming sequel to Freedom Planet has been uploaded, showing what fans will be able to expect from Freedom Planet 2's adventure mode. The heavily Sonic the Hedgehog-inspired game shows off voiced dialogue with a variety of different characters, and multiple different stages that feature the same 2D fast-paced platforming style as the original game. Freedom Planet 2 is set for a release sometime before the end of this year, with an early demo being available on Steam.

:arrow: Steam Page: Freedom Planet 2

jahmane, lordelan, DarthDub and 5 others like this.
    Discussion (16 replies)
  1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    It's about time they put something out after all these delays. And it's standing out a bit more on it's own now too, I see... Not trying to be a Sonic/Mega Man mash-up as much anymore. Story elements and voiced dialogue are a nice welcome.

2. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    Xandrid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    I need to play the first game, because this looks pretty nice

3. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    It's important to note that the game isn't 100% guaranteed to come out this year, since they haven't revealed the release date yet, and the steam page's release window might be outdated.
    Pretty excited though!

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I hope this game is more fun to play than the previous one. I wouldn't call the game bad, but something about it left more to be desired. I think it would have been better to divide the stages into separate acts like sonic. (Even though it was trying not to be too much like it) The speed sections are very short and not satisfying, in sonic, it was always fun to see sonic out run the screen as my eyes try to keep up with him. :ninja:

5. Digs

Digs Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    America's heart, she's a beaut.
    Oh my, that's some gorgeous pixel work. I'm sold. =]
    Better find my copy of the first one that I'm kinda sorta sure I own on something and finally play it.

6. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I dislike the squeaky voice acting.

7. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I like the first one, up until it crashed. Haven't gone back.

8. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    I loved the first game, and I'll be buying this one too, but god... that voice acting is next level terrible

lampdemon likes this.
  9. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    Sounds perfectly fine to me. Looking forward to this.

10. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Im actully excited to play this >.>;

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's interesting, it's like a b movie version of Sonic, though fun/interesting in its own way.

Xandrid likes this.
  11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Pure hype.

12. HylianBran

HylianBran Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    United States
    To cut to the chase: the first game is one of my favorites of all time, hype is at max here, yet at the same time I am heavily conflicted. I don't really know what to think of this game. I'm not saying that I don't think I'll enjoy it, no, not at all, I have no doubts I will. This confuses me, yet makes perfect sense. I don't have twelve hours to write this, but if I did, this would be paragraphs long. I at least want to mention how thankful I am that this game is still alive, seeing as the internet has not been giving me any consistent answers on this game's development in about a year, and I am extra thankful that they showed so much.

13. jahmane

jahmane Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    I thought it was just me. That kind of voice makes my skin crawl with cringe.

However, I love what they are doing with this game so Im still buying :rofl:

Vorde likes this.
  14. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    I'm picky about voices. I'm one of those anime snobs that refuses to watch most anime in English dubbing (except Dragonball, my god the japanese voice for Goku is cringy)

jahmane likes this.
  15. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Brazil
    More story and cutscenes is the absolute last thing I want from Freedom Planet.

Vorde likes this.
  16. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    That's some pretty hammy voice acting. I'm guessing they went the online remote recording route with little direction to the actors.

17. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I just hope they concentrate more on gameplay and level design than character design this time.

18. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I just hope they concentrate more on gameplay and level design than character design this time.