Gaming Free game download codes... can they be used on other 3DS consoles?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a 3DS XL and a game and qualified for a download code for this game. I have the code but have no interest in this game. Does anyone know if someone else can use the code on their 3DS? 'Cos I'd like to sell it.

If not, what if I installed it on my 3DS then did a system transfer (can be done online apparently). The only other game that I have installed in Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and I'd like to sell that as well (I want to get a physical copy... because I'm sad). So if someone wanted both games via system transfer, that would be ideal!

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the code will work on another 3DS console, as long as it's from the same region (in your case, Europe). Nintendo's eShop codes won't work across regions, which means your code can't be used by someone from US or Japan.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice would be to hang on too it because everyone is trying to sell those Pokemon codes they are going for like $20 on ebay right now. I would wait a few months till it dies down then sell it for about $30 on ebay.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a game came preinstalled on the 3DS then you can't move it with a system transfer. Keep that in mind. I don't know if you got Zelda preinstalled, via a code, or what. If you got it by a code or bought directly from the eshop that should be able to be transferred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-