Homebrew Freakyhax - Primary 3DS exploit made by Plutoo

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. I don't think so though.

I only ask cause i seem to lost my health and safety app on the 3ds, i am not sure how to get it back. my only theory is reflashing firmware since i assume is in there and not in system cnd to just download from server.

I comfirmed that system updates do not reflash entire system, only what is detected out of date, similar to android updates partial and full software updates. I learned something new all by myself. ^_^

Even though it cost me a silly mistake. :unsure:

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. My n3DS xl is running 10.7. If this hax uses a game/app that needs to be downloaded from the eshop, then I'll need to update to 11.0 and risk ability to downgrade in order to use this exploit? (Assuming I don't have access to any other entry point)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're misunderstanding me here. When I say you need a second 3DS with access to CFW, I mean you literally have to 2 separate 3DS's to perform this. So no, unless you have a second 3DS with CFW, you're pretty much screwed for now unless we find a way to substitute it with a computer.

Reactions: Rasa

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, however I may have something up my sleeve that does just that. ;)
Problem is, its a secondary exploit that requires at least one other 3DS with access to CFW.

That still has the problem that we're using up all our exploits. If you release that, we'll be able to downgrade, then Nintendo patches it in 11.1 or 11.2, then we have to wait for an arm9 exploit to be found. If you don't release it immediately, there will be more downgradeable versions.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That still has the problem that we're using up all our exploits. If you release that, we'll be able to downgrade, then Nintendo patches it in 11.1 or 11.2, then we have to wait for an arm9 exploit to be found. If you don't release it immediately, there will be more downgradeable versions.
It doesn't matter when I release it, since the target 3DS has to be on the latest FW do to the limitations of the exploit.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's what it says to do here in order to load browserhax. https://gbatemp.net/threads/9-9-10-1-working-browserhax-setup-n3ds-only.401766/

Well it doesn't say that in the github guide.

1. Launch the Settings application
  2. Change the date to January 1, 2000
  3. Change the time to 00:00
  4. Launch the browser, then open the browser settings as fast as possible
  5. Scroll to the bottom and Initialize Savedata (it also may be called Clear All Save Data) as fast as possible
  6. Navigate to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php or scan the QR code on your 3DS (if you get a slider, zoom all the way in on it, then tap the very right edge of it; this can take quite a few tries)
    68747470733a2f2f796c73382e6d746865616c6c2e636f6d2f33647362726f777365726861785f6175746f5f7172636f64652e706e67
  7. Your console should load the homebrew menu
Notice the time and date change and the initialize browser data reset, and "do it fast as possible"

And it said to visit the web page, the qr code just a short cut, you can do it by entering the url manually in the web browswer,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hking0036,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't this guy flake on his last "release" though?
I'm pretty sure plutoo knows what he's doing, no point in keeping userland exploits private. Unless they're obscure to the point where you'd just be burning it.

Edit: or if they're primaries, but he announced he'd release so...

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I only ask cause i seem to lost my health and safety app on the 3ds, i am not sure how to get it back. my only theory is reflashing firmware since i assume is in there and not in system cnd to just download from server.

I comfirmed that system updates do not reflash entire system, only what is detected out of date, similar to android updates partial and full software updates. I learned something new all by myself. ^_^

Even though it cost me a silly mistake. :unsure:
You can try reinstalling 6.0 for Europe and Japan or 6.1 for America updated Health & Safety App with NASA if you are in 10.7 or lower.

D

Deleted User

If I were Plutoo, I would wait until everybody who claims to have a secondary exploit releases theirs so that he can release a primary to enable the usage of the secondary's before they patch the primary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: @xdquerty im 16