Hardware Found a Strange Bootleg

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

So today I was scouring my local value village for retro games among other things, and I ended up purchasing this bootleg gb cart.
IMG_20160802_105921.jpg
IMG_20160802_105932.jpg
I've looked around eBay and just google in general and for some reason I can't find anything about this thing. So my question for you guys is has anybody seen/owned one of these? Is there a way for me to rip the individual games from the cart, or even just get them all ripped as one file?

I'm curious to your thoughts guys,
~link491

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There's very little/no info for most multicarts. I have 5 different multicarts and the one I can find info on (and the one with various listings on eBay) is the pokemon diamond/jade/crystal multicart

Reactions: Tizm

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A friend of mine has one of those - I intend to dump it whenever I get the chance. I think we should preserve those even if most of them are just repack of other (commercial) games with bugs 'n' shit since almost all of them don't have the appropriate SRAM hardware.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A friend of mine has one of those - I intend to dump it whenever I get the chance. I think we should preserve those even if most of them are just repack of other (commercial) games with bugs 'n' shit since almost all of them don't have the appropriate SRAM hardware.
I completely agree with you. There's something intriguing to me about having a rom with like 6 other games packed into it. Now the question becomes is there an effective and easily obtainable method of dumping gb carts anymore? Or did they die with the early 2000s?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I completely agree with you. There's something intriguing to me about having a rom with like 6 other games packed into it. Now the question becomes is there an effective and easily obtainable method of dumping gb carts anymore? Or did they die with the early 2000s?
I have some weird-ass USB programmer for a GBA cart I've got, I hope it's gonna work as a GB dumper too.

Otherwise there's some hardware dumpers you can build using Arduino and Raspberry Pi it seems.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some weird-ass USB programmer for a GBA cart I've got, I hope it's gonna work as a GB dumper too.

Otherwise there's some hardware dumpers you can build using Arduino and Raspberry Pi it seems.
Well that looks like the route I'll be taking then :P

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can answer a phew of your questions.

Yes you can dump the games on it.
Yes, most bootlegs gameboy/nes/snes and megadrive cartridges come from Russia.
Depending on the games in the cartridge, they can get pretty cheap or somehow expensive. as there are some pretty nice replicas or clones ported, including the boxart and the manual.

as example:
DSC01661.JPG

A3DA7ED9-CF1D-7AA0-01375962D78131C1.jpg

DSC01662.JPG
zelda.jpg

These are some of them that i know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2