Formatted system via system format on Luma3ds, how to get homebrew and FBI back?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by astro8, Apr 6, 2017.

1. astro8
    OP

astro8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    hi all, i have the same problem as user from this post (http://gbatemp.net/threads/formatted-system-via-system-format-on-a-luma3ds-n3dsxl.451752/).

i purchased a device that apparently had al9h and luma. i was able to install freeshop myself but the nintendo id was linked to previous owner and without doing much research, i did a system format.

i tried to follow instructions from previous posters in the link above and started from section v in this link (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.html) however i have hourglass9 v1.45 and there's no option to navigate to sd card to install cia.

when i press start on boot, it loads hourglass. when i press select on boot, it loads luma3ds.

i am keen to get my homebrew launcher and Fbi back to install freeshop. this is new to me so apologies if i am not too detailed in my description of problem.

thank you.

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Inject the FBI.cia into Health & Safety app.

Let me check a guide for it, just a sec...

3. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Download the .3dsx for FBI then install FBI cia using it

4. mikesinclair555

mikesinclair555 Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    U have to inject fbi into health and safety app then install FBI cia. Then restore health and safety app. FBI will then b on homescreen where can install cias from there

Edit

Just was reading the guide and noticed it changed a bunch

Make sure u have godmode 9 on sd card in the right folder and name it according to what button u want to press and hold for it to start up
    Edit:
    I think hourglass9 has the option to inject fbi into h&s app too.

Go into - System nand / backup and restore
    Then u will see dump and inject. Make sure make h&s dump so u can inject it after done
    Inject fbi cia
    When done , inject hs.app which is the dump of health app

Last edited by mikesinclair555, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Here, copied from https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

You need the latest GodMode9 release, and the FBI.cia in your SDCARD, inside de cias folder.

https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/latest

Section V - Injecting FBI
    1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch GodMode9
    2. Navigate to SDCARD -> cias
    3. Press (A) on FBI.cia to select it, then select “CIA image options…”, then select “Mount image to drive”
    4. Press (A) on the .app file, then select “NCCH image options”, then select “Inject to H&S”
    5. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
    6. Press (A) to continue
    7. Press (Start) to reboot your device

6. astro8
    OP

astro8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    HI all, thanks for your replies and input. i will give this ago this weekend.

7. vinstage

vinstage Asshole with feelings

Jan 24, 2017
    Korea, South
    부산
    In short, you're basically following the last few steps of 3ds.guide. Injecting FBI and also applying homebrew.

8. astro8
    OP

astro8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    hi all, just got around to trying above. downloaded godmode9 and that seemed to work. hourglass might have worked too but im such a noob and didnt realise fbi is hs icon after boot up. previous user had a completely different icon. thanks again and have a good weekend :)

vinstage likes this.