Hacking Forgot to dump BOOT0 and BOOT1 when dumping nand; can I restore?

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll write this without any reasons behind stuff so you all can read this quickly.
Before I started playing the leaked smash game I dumped my NAND, and moved it to another drive. But now when I got smash ultimate in my hand I wanted to restore my nand so i searched it up and said I needed a BOOT0 and BOOT1 file, which I didn't have. only rawnand files. Since I pirated smash and loaded a bunch of mods I guess dumping the current BOOT0/1 won't restore it correctly? Can I restore it without the boot files? If I can't go back I won't be able to play smash online again for sure ;c

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll write this without any reasons behind stuff so you all can read this quickly.
Before I started playing the leaked smash game I dumped my NAND, and moved it to another drive. But now when I got smash ultimate in my hand I wanted to restore my nand so i searched it up and said I needed a BOOT0 and BOOT1 file, which I didn't have. only rawnand files. Since I pirated smash and loaded a bunch of mods I guess dumping the current BOOT0/1 won't restore it correctly? Can I restore it without the boot files? If I can't go back I won't be able to play smash online again for sure ;c
No Boot0/Boot1 backup, = no restore afaik.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I remember correctly you can create boot 0 and boot 1 with a tool which was used for updating the switch manually back in the days, you just need the firmware extraction tool, the correct firmware and your keys.
I'm not preaty shure because i used it just one time

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly you can create boot 0 and boot 1 with a tool which was used for updating the switch manually back in the days, you just need the firmware extraction tool, the correct firmware and your keys.
I'm not preaty shure because i used it just one time
thats exactly the link i shared C:

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can definitely get the boot0 and boot1 files. I accidentally restored a NAND backup before realising I forgot to back them up.
If you're in the same position as I was and already downgraded, all you need to do is get the boot0 and boot1 files for the correct firmware. You can get them by extracting the update files if my memory serves.

Edit: If you're restoring to the same firmware as before, I don't think you actually need them. Only if you're restoring to a different one.

Last edited by Scarlet,

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can definitely get the boot0 and boot1 files. I accidentally restored a NAND backup before realising I forgot to back them up.
If you're in the same position as I was and already downgraded, all you need to do is get the boot0 and boot1 files for the correct firmware. You can get them by extracting the update files if my memory serves.
since I'm seriously super new to switch modding please explain what all you're saying means, like where do i extract update files? etc. I feel so bad tho, you must say so much for me lmao

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
since I'm seriously super new to switch modding please explain what all you're saying means, like where do i extract update files? etc. I feel so bad tho, you must say so much for me lmao
Basically just follow the guide posted earlier (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/) using the firmware files of your backup. So if your backup is for firmware 5.1.0, get the update files for 5.1.0. You only need to follow it to the part where it talks about flashing the boot0 and boot1. After that, your backup should work fine.

Of course, this is just going off my experience. Before you restore, make another complete backup (including boot0 and boot1 this time). That way, even if it goes wrong, you can go back to a working state and try again.

Reactions: Bst22322

BGabriels

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can somebody help me online (connecting with teamviewer or something)? my 7 year old son update the switch when running CFW, I have RCM available. It's vacation and he offcourse wants to play. I had NAND backup but no boot0 or boot1 files. Thanks in advance!!! I don't remember the actual FW version before I backed the nand file up but at least 7.0.

Last edited by BGabriels,

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody help me online (connecting with teamviewer or something)? my 7 year old son update the switch when running CFW, I have RCM available. It's vacation and he offcourse wants to play. I had NAND backup but no boot0 or boot1 files. Thanks in advance!!!
Why do you want to restore your nand backup?
What do you want to get out of restoring it?

Online update while running cfw might mean the console has been flagged already, although that might not be the case.

If you aren't using AutoRCM then your consoles fuses have been burnt

Last edited by Andalitez,

BGabriels

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I want to get the switch working again, now it just give a black screen, can't boot! Autorcm was on! What can I do best? Thanks for the answer

Bst22322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any differences in boot0/1 files generated between choidujour PC , choidujourNX , and official Nintendo boot 0/1 files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo