Hacking Forever "Loading" on AK2i on DSL

blemert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at a couple of those pics you'll see a small "oval" looking sticker on the back of the cart itself, I got nothing - that's all.

Womp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blemert said:
If you look at a couple of those pics you'll see a small "oval" looking sticker on the back of the cart itself, I got nothing - that's all.

Same here...interesting. Unfortunately pics are blocked here at work but, either way no sticker on the cart. heh.

In any case hopefully a fix will be incoming soon enough.

Sardonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, no sticker here either. I wonder why they decided to change them so suddenly... did they take something out or add something to the card? What actually changed? Just curious but either way I'm sure all will become clear soon enough.

pantomime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you all bought your acekard2i's recently right? I dont think the sticker is relevent. It's obvious there has been a change.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wait so this loading screen is when loading a rom not the initial loading screen of the cart? If so its been fixed and a new release will be out shortly to address this problem.

chocolatbomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Wait so this loading screen is when loading a rom not the initial loading screen of the cart? If so its been fixed and a new release will be out shortly to address this problem.

When I use AKAIO on my DSi with an Acekard 2i it freezes on the loading screen when I try to load a rom.
I'm glad it's been fixed
yaynds.gif

Thanks!

Tiduz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:

yes exactly, the akaio menu works perfectly fine, its just after opening a rom it is stuck.

Great too hear its been fixed

Womp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pantomime said:
you all bought your acekard2i's recently right? I dont think the sticker is relevent. It's obvious there has been a change.

Correct. Bought mine from RealHotStuff on the 9th the same day they restocked and received it yesterday the 11th.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ Apr 12 2009, 04:12 PM) Wait so this loading screen is when loading a rom not the initial loading screen of the cart? If so its been fixed and a new release will be out shortly to address this problem.

Correct. The loading screen freezes upon booting up a rom (Goes to green "Loading" and stops), everything else seems to work fine in the small amount of time I have spent with the AceKard 2i so far. The initial loading of the cart is fine.

Thanks for the update.

Sardonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:

That is correct, everything is smooth up until the actual loading of the games. I've tried multiple games from multiple sources to make sure it wasn't corrupt files and I did some tests with another DSi and another Acekard2i (the earliest generation, apparently) and found that it was MY acekard specifically. I contacted the company which i bought it from and they claimed they are aware of the issue. A new release would be good news but as earlier stated the official 4.16 version works fine for me. I'm just curious as to what the changes were and why...

EDIT: New loader works! Awesome job Akaio team!
yay.gif

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As mentioned on the acekard homepage, the hardware of acekard 2i and acekard 2 are different so older akaio loaders are not working with 2i !!!! may it should be good to set one topic to sticky, where every faq will be answered! This would be:

Q: Do the akaio loader works on dsi as well? Yes the new loader does, since version x.xxx

;-)

Sardonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klopfdreh said:
As mentioned on the acekard homepage, the hardware of acekard 2i and acekard 2 are different so older akaio loaders are not working with 2i !!!! may it should be good to set one topic to sticky, where every faq will be answered! This would be:

Q: Do the akaio loader works on dsi as well? Yes the new loader does, since version x.xxx

;-)

I don't think that's the issue. The issue (for me and many others) is that the Acekard2i's have been changed unexpectedly on the DSi. My friend bought his 2i a week or two before I did and his works perfectly with the latest akaio proper version. Mine did not. Same card bought at different times. Acekard changed something (so it seems) without notice. But awesomely enough, akaio was on top of it and fixed it. Maybe that is what you're saying and I'm misunderstanding, nevertheless I'm curious as to what they changed. I dont think I'll get an answer through this thread, though.

VistaXP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:

can i hug u?

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my accard2i in the mail and loaded the akoi firmware onto it and have the same forever loading problem as described with other people. Switched to official 4.16 and it works fine. I think they changed their cards.

EDIT: just noticed the new loader, ile try it now. Nope, not working.

Someone please let me know when the issue with the new cards is fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +2