Hacking Forever "Loading" on AK2i on DSL

blemert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, just received my Ak2i today, loaded AKAIO, just loading screen when I start the rom - it never goes away. Tried offical firmware - works like a charm. Put just the offical loader in the /loader directory changed the individual rom loader setting to use offical and it works. I, too, deleted globalsettings and opitons.bin, didn't help
mad.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
As I've already said its user error unless acekard has changed something in their latest firmware which i wouldn't put past them just to piss me off .... AGAIN! Try firmware 4.13 which is what akaio is based off it that dont work then they've changed something.

blemert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up on the location, offical 4.13 does not work either - so for me only 4.16 offical loader works - weird... anyway to update AKAIO code?

pantomime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have 2 Acekard2i's bought within a week of each other and what I believe to be different batches . I have a 4G and 8G microsd card. Both cards with the AKAIO 1.4.1Proper work in the older flash cart (1 week old), while the new acekard2i only loads the official 4.16 . I purchased the first one from GainGame.com , since they where sold out I purchased my second from stuffs4kids.com (which was cheaper). The newer card has an Oval golden holograhm on the back.

Edit: All my hombrew works. It's just the roms freezing with the Loading text in green

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
pantomime said:
Well I have 2 Acekard2i's bought within a week of each other and what I believe to be different batches . I have a 4G and 8G microsd card. Both cards with the AKAIO 1.4.1Proper work in the older flash cart (1 week old), while the new acekard2i only loads the official 4.16 . I purchased the first one from GainGame.com , since they where sold out I purchased my second from stuffs4kids.com (which was cheaper). The newer card has an Oval golden holograhm on the back.

Edit: All my hombrew works. It's just the roms freezing with the Loading text in green

If someone could make a dump of this 'new' ak2i cart using Rudolph's tools and pm me the link I will take a look and see what they've added to piss me off this time.

pantomime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
pantomime said:

If someone could make a dump of this 'new' ak2i cart using Rudolph's tools and pm me the link I will take a look and see what they've added to piss me off this time.

I'm on it!

Tiduz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah and i dont have wifi/ftp on my pc, otherwise id try too dump it for you. hope someone else does

edit: ill visit my bro who has wifi and a laptop, ill try it there.

edit2: well, that didnt work. couldnt connect to ftp even tho im sure i used the correct setting. guess well have to wait till someone else can do this

Sardonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my Acekard 2i today and have had the same problem related to this thread. After doing a decent amount of research I stumbled here and noticed others are having similar problems. AKAIO's v1.4.1PROPER DOES NOT work on my Acekard 2i. BUT, the official 4.16 on Acekards website works just fine. I am not new when it comes to this scene-- I know its more than just "user error" related.

Womp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sardonic said:
I received my Acekard 2i today and have had the same problem related to this thread. After doing a decent amount of research I stumbled here and noticed others are having similar problems. AKAIO's v1.4.1PROPER DOES NOT work on my Acekard 2i. BUT, the official 4.16 on Acekards website works just fine. I am not new when it comes to this scene-- I know its more than just "user error" related.

Just received my AceKard 2i yesterday and was testing it out and getting it prepared via my DSLite for when my DSi arrives on Monday. Same issue as the above user. Same situation, same box with the orange/gold sticker.

Loading a game freezes at the game loading screen under AKAIO v1.4.1 Proper but everything is peachy keen with the official firmware.

I've been 'in the scene' since it started and this isn't user error.
wink.gif

blemert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beautiful... Thanks all... funny I don't have that sticker on mine, but I do have the "orange" sticker on the outside of the box
smile.gif

Womp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blemert said:
Beautiful... Thanks all... funny I don't have that sticker on mine, but I do have the "orange" sticker on the outside of the box
smile.gif

I do too, wasn't that what we were talking about or is it something else? My AceKard itself has no sticker other than the "AceKard 2i" label itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto