• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Forever 21 in Hot Water due to Models Skin Color

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
> the same idiots cry about the same thing as ever.
Move along, nothing to watch.

Like, seriously. These people are unable to find anything useful to do with their lives and they just pick up random shit to attack. And considering that they are not some big group but like few thousands WORLDWIDE that is just all mouth no work, then ignoring them is the best option...

Last edited by Kigiru,

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I peeped the link.It is sad that they targeted the model for being white. I would rather make fun of the colors and slogan used on the sweater instead of his skin color. Technically, the design looks sorta weird. Yet still, this would have never been an issue if a famous celebrity was wearing the product on instagram or twitter. Since you know, marketing works in mysterious ways when done right.

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope those people never procreate and are rendered sterile.

Too late. There's already so many on the internet on "trangender babies" and other clearly hurtful for children things done by these creatures that my head just can't take it.
Tho on the brighter side, between Wahmen with permament PSM, people claiming that their gender is aubergine and very efeminate "men" drinking alot of soy milk they have way harder road to procreation. Breeding SJWs is like breeding Great Pandas - we should make a small party everytime they give birth or something.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a crock of shit! Since when do we have rules over who can wear what? More shit to incite racism :angry:
although wakanda is fake (like this uproar) i think eminem said it best . . ." African symbols and medallions represent Black Power
And we ain't know what it meant, me and my man Howard
And Butter would go to the mall
With 'em all over our necks like we're showin' 'em off
Not knowin' at all we was being laughed at
'You ain't even half black! You ain't 'posed to have that,'"
. . . its not about the sweater but the representation associated with the slogan as in the movie its viewed as a symbol of wakanda's power and the people of wakanda are black . . .
oh and of course we have rules (not laws but respected rules) on what is appropriate or not to wear . . . as a white man try wearing a pointy white hoody with white pants down the street and see how that goes for you, or a tee shirt that says "Nazis forever"

Last edited by wormdood,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could be the case despite having threads in misconnected settings.
In other words how do you know if someone is really racist or not.

To put things in another perspective; after everything we have seen happen from the stone age to the lost ark how can we all safely agree that no one makes fun of another person without agreeing to disagree? (Or vice versa.)

Do we really need to make a strong predicament to overhaul or change peoples backgrounds or perspectives? That seems to be the thesis with this thread so far it looks like.

I'm sorry I couldn't have gotten to this sooner, if I could it would have been easy to stomp a foot under the bridge so to speak dspite things getting out of control or into the water. This is me speaking on behalf on a topic that neither exists or a topic that people well know about

To put another thing into perspective. Our love for foundation has proven strong ground or point especially in dark times or settings. (Light never fades, only dawn.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up