injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few years back, it was dark, rainy, and I had just been dumped (so in a bad mood), and as I walked down an empty street, 7 street lights in a row flickered out as I approached, and lit back up after I had passed. It was kinda unsettling.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
By the way, from what I have read about the Qur'an in my religion class, there are no spirits or ghost because every soul is "stored" somewhere(don't remember where). But there are actually another species of creature that possesses free will and that is invisible to us. They would explain all the supernatural stuff. At least, that's what I recall.
That makes cense in a way. I have never really read anything on the Qur'an, but now I might have to.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
pyrmon24 said:
By the way, from what I have read about the Qur'an in my religion class, there are no spirits or ghost because every soul is "stored" somewhere(don't remember where). But there are actually another species of creature that possesses free will and that is invisible to us. They would explain all the supernatural stuff. At least, that's what I recall.
That makes cense in away. I have never really read anything on the Qur'an, but now I might have to.
I think he's referring to "Jinn", which are the invisible beings made of fire that live simultaneously with us in this world. They can be harmful or beneficial; in Islam, they are the only other creature that Allah (which is God to christians) made that has free-will.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
I used to have this dream that scared the shit out of me. I was at my grand mother's house with pretty much all of my family when the doorbell rang. I went to answers it and there was a man in a dark cloak on the other side. Then I started to feel things like the dream was reality and after a second or two, I couldn't move. I had the actual sensation of not being able to move and every one in my dream stopped moving(total paralysis). The was only the man with the cloak that could move,but he didn't do anything. And then I was surrounded by nothingness and I was cold. This lasted a few minutes, in which I panicked because I still couldn't move. Then I woke up full of sweat. I had this dream repetitively ever since I moved to my new house.
You are experiencing sleep paralysis, something where a lot of alien abduction and ghost stories come from. If this happens on a regular basis, it may be something worth going to the doctor for.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
431unknown said:
pyrmon24 said:
That makes cense in away. I have never really read anything on the Qur'an, but now I might have to.
I think he's referring to "Jinn", which are the invisible beings made of fire that live simultaneously with us in this world. They can be harmful or beneficial; in Islam, they are the only other creature that Allah (which is God to christians) made that has free-will.

I should have wrote I never read any of the Qur'an, but i know who Allah is. I have read some of the bible tho.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nutella said:
pyrmon24 said:
I used to have this dream that scared the shit out of me. I was at my grand mother's house with pretty much all of my family when the doorbell rang. I went to answers it and there was a man in a dark cloak on the other side. Then I started to feel things like the dream was reality and after a second or two, I couldn't move. I had the actual sensation of not being able to move and every one in my dream stopped moving(total paralysis). The was only the man with the cloak that could move,but he didn't do anything. And then I was surrounded by nothingness and I was cold. This lasted a few minutes, in which I panicked because I still couldn't move. Then I woke up full of sweat. I had this dream repetitively ever since I moved to my new house.
You are experiencing sleep paralysis, something where a lot of alien abduction and ghost stories come from. If this happens on a regular basis, it may be something worth going to the doctor for.

Sleep paralysis? Is it normal that it happens with the same exact dream? Not even the slightest change in peoples clothes or the furniture. I'll look into that tho.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
That's it! I had their name on the tip of my tongue. You're Muslim?
Yup! Proud too.
tongue.gif
I'm cool with athiests too.
smile.gif

I remember once when I thought I saw a figure outside my door. Turns out it was just a cat. That's about it. :/

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
nutella said:
pyrmon24 said:

Sleep paralysis? Is it normal that it happens with the same exact dream? Not even the slightest change in peoples clothes or the furniture. I'll look into that tho.
Sleep paralysis is by no means normal, and it's not the same for everyone, but what I am sure about is that you have some sort of sleeping disorder. Having the same dream that is as vivid as you say it is is definitely not something to keep to yourself.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
nutella said:
pyrmon24 said:

Since you mentioned that, it's probably just some psychosomatic disorder associated with you living in a completely new environment.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
pyrmon24 said:
Yup! Proud too.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

I remember once when I thought I saw a figure outside my door. Turns out it was just a cat. That's about it. :/

So are you saying that your not cool with Christians?

I don't follow any major religion, but I do believe in something which is greater than man. What that might be I don't know but one day we shall all find out.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I live for sleep paralysis! I've been really digging lucid dreaming and have forgotten to do that more often. It's awesome and I'm training myself to keep it up longer. Don't ever waste an opportunity like that, seize it and make the lucid dream become your own!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
Slyakin said:
pyrmon24 said:
Yup! Proud too.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

So are you saying that your not cool with Christians?

I don't follow any major religion, but I do believe in something which is greater than man. What that might be I don't know but one day we shall all find out.
You don't have to put words in my mouth. >:( I like all religions.
smile.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know what a lucid dream is, and, believe me, it isn't. A lucid dream is when you have control of what is happening. I don't. And I don't think it's caused by me being in a new environment because I have been living there for 6-7 years now. And still the same dream.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometime in middle school (interestingly enough, this was the time of many other "encounters" with the members here...), my brother and I had to share a bed. Every Friday night, we'd hear hammering on the side of our house. It's dark outside, and we slept in the den. We were scared shit-less. Or at least I was.

Nowadays, I don't believe in that bullshit. I'm not quite sure why it was every Friday night, but I'm one hundred percent certain it has nothing to do with the supernatural. For me to believe it was something from "Another World" is to throw away my rational mind, which I refuse to do. Unless I were to have proof, anyway.

EDIT: Just so we're clear: I think it was just our imaginations running wild. The first time was definitely hammering, then, when the weeks came by, I/we imagined the sounds ourselves.

Or maybe it was a family working on a home project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!