gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
431unknown said:
Slyakin said:
pyrmon24 said:
That's it! I had their name on the tip of my tongue. You're Muslim?
Yup! Proud too.
tongue.gif
I'm cool with athiests too.
smile.gif

I remember once when I thought I saw a figure outside my door. Turns out it was just a cat. That's about it. :/

So are you saying that your not cool with Christians?

I don't follow any major religion, but I do believe in something which is greater than man. What that might be I don't know but one day we shall all find out.
You don't have to put words in my mouth. >:( I like all religions.
smile.gif

No,no,no you took it the wrong way. It was just a question.

Sorry, Slaykin.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
Sometime in middle school (interestingly enough, this was the time of many other "encounters" with the members here...), my brother and I had to share a bed. Every Friday night, we'd hear hammering on the side of our house. It's dark outside, and we slept in the den. We were scared shit-less. Or at least I was.

Nowadays, I don't believe in that bullshit. I'm not quite sure why it was every Friday night, but I'm one hundred percent certain it has nothing to do with the supernatural. For me to believe it was something from "Another World" is to throw away my rational mind, which I refuse to do. Unless I were to have proof, anyway.

EDIT: Just so we're clear: I think it was just our imaginations running wild. The first time was definitely hammering, then, when the weeks came by, I/we imagined the sounds ourselves.

Or maybe it was a family working on a home project.
I used to be that way where i would need proof until that story i posted as the first happened...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
Sometime in middle school (interestingly enough, this was the time of many other "encounters" with the members here...), my brother and I had to share a bed. Every Friday night, we'd hear hammering on the side of our house. It's dark outside, and we slept in the den. We were scared shit-less. Or at least I was.

Nowadays, I don't believe in that bullshit. I'm not quite sure why it was every Friday night, but I'm one hundred percent certain it has nothing to do with the supernatural. For me to believe it was something from "Another World" is to throw away my rational mind, which I refuse to do. Unless I were to have proof, anyway.

EDIT: Just so we're clear: I think it was just our imaginations running wild. The first time was definitely hammering, then, when the weeks came by, I/we imagined the sounds ourselves.

Or maybe it was a family working on a home project.

I had this same thing happen to me once when I still lived at home. It was after my father had past away. He had built the house but never finished it. The front of the house where my room was located and which faced the road was finished and made of stone, but the back side which faced the woods was not. The hammering sound like it was coming from right outside my window but there was no wood to bang on. I never even got out of bed to go look and thank god it only last for a minet or so.

@nutella
Does sleep paralysis correct it self? I used to have it all too frequently from the age of 15 till I turned 30. I have not had it at all in the last 4 years.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
431unknown said:
@nutella
Does sleep paralysis correct it self? I used to have it all too frequently from the age of 15 till I turned 30. I have not had it at all in the last 4 years.
As far as I'm aware, sleep paralysis is normally a one off occasion for most people. It really shouldn't be occurring on a regular basis. If it used to be a regular occurrence for you, perhaps something in your life changed to prevent it from ever occurring again. As mentioned before, sleep paralysis can be brought up by sudden life changes but once you settle into your environment, the symptoms usually stop occurring. I'm not psychologist so it might be worth doing a little research on.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
pyrmon24 said:
By the way, from what I have read about the Qur'an in my religion class, there are no spirits or ghost because every soul is "stored" somewhere(don't remember where). But there are actually another species of creature that possesses free will and that is invisible to us. They would explain all the supernatural stuff. At least, that's what I recall.

Me, being a muslim, will explain
tongue.gif

Angels and Genies. (I don't know if that's what they're called in English but I think in arabic they're called Angels and Genies)
It might sound dumb to you guys but it's true. (at least to me). Angels are floating everywhere. Even in your bedroom. Angels are the good ones.
The bad ones are Genies and usually cause people to do the wrong thing. Like eg when someone's like "Should I go to the awesome party or finish my 6 page analogy essay?" the genie will make you go to the party. After all life is a test and so is Islam. Listening to the Angels and Genies each has its own consequences. Hope you get it xD

Anyway, back to the thread and enough about religion:

I was 10. It was dark and night. My family and I went out to have dinner somewhere. The restaurant was an outdoor one. When I finished my meal, I asked my parents if I could walk around. So I took a nice walk around the restaurant and after a while. I had this feeling as if this sort of man was chasing me. He had a KNIFE. And he was really really, really high. So high he walked like a retard. I tried to sort of jog around to see if he would follow me, and he did. I was so darn nervous. I mean come on, I was ten. Then I came up with an awesome plan. I saw some stairs at the corner and thought dragging him there would be a good idea. I ran to the stairs and started running down step by step. The dude was high, he dropped his knife and fell rolling down. He couldn't get up and I ran back to my family. Then I saw this woman in bikini's helping him up LOL. I'm so cool right?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Well one day I met this Shinigami and then she loaned me her powers then I killed this thing and then I had to save that girl Shiningami.

(Waits)
I got approached by a shinigami once. Told it where to shove it's Death Note

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheTwoR's said:
pyrmon24 said:
By the way, from what I have read about the Qur'an in my religion class, there are no spirits or ghost because every soul is "stored" somewhere(don't remember where). But there are actually another species of creature that possesses free will and that is invisible to us. They would explain all the supernatural stuff. At least, that's what I recall.

Me, being a muslim, will explain
tongue.gif

Angels and Genies. (I don't know if that's what they're called in English but I think in arabic they're called Angels and Genies)
It might sound dumb to you guys but it's true. (at least to me). Angels are floating everywhere. Even in your bedroom. Angels are the good ones.
The bad ones are Genies and usually cause people to do the wrong thing. Like eg when someone's like "Should I go to the awesome party or finish my 6 page analogy essay?" the genie will make you go to the party. After all life is a test and so is Islam. Listening to the Angels and Genies each has its own consequences. Hope you get it xD

Anyway, back to the thread and enough about religion:

I was 10. It was dark and night. My family and I went out to have dinner somewhere. The restaurant was an outdoor one. When I finished my meal, I asked my parents if I could walk around. So I took a nice walk around the restaurant and after a while. I had this feeling as if this sort of man was chasing me. He had a KNIFE. And he was really really, really high. So high he walked like a retard. I tried to sort of jog around to see if he would follow me, and he did. I was so darn nervous. I mean come on, I was ten. Then I came up with an awesome plan. I saw some stairs at the corner and thought dragging him there would be a good idea. I ran to the stairs and started running down step by step. The dude was high, he dropped his knife and fell rolling down. He couldn't get up and I ran back to my family. Then I saw this woman in bikini's helping him up LOL. I'm so cool right?

But, if I remember correctly, Jinns can also be Muslims and some of them were around Muhammad when he preached. Because Jinns are capable of independent thinking and possess free will. What you described looks more like Iblis(Satan), which is a Jinn, which is why he didn't bow down to Adam when God asked him to.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
pyrmon24 said:
But, if I remember correctly, Jinns can also be Muslims and some of them were around Muhammad when he preached. Because Jinns are capable of independent thinking and possess free will. What you described looks more like Iblis(Satan), which is a Jinn, which is why he didn't bow down to Adam when God asked him to.

That is 100% correct. Jinn can follow different religions and even make their own religion/beliefs just like us.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once i was dreaming about a Earthquake. The morning after, I felt all weird and stuff. Then I was thinking of the dream, and it didn't fit for my surroundings. Diffrent houses and roads. Everything collapsed. About a week later, Haïti was struck by that major earthquake. Weird
unsure.gif

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Re-post:

Back then, at around midnight, we hear dishes being watched. At around 3 AM in the morning, we hear voices and stuff like that

The neighbors. They wash dishes at the middle of the night :wtf:. They also watch TV at like 2-3 AM O_O

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Many times.

I remember this one time when I was around 6~8 I was in my bedroom at night time trying to sleep. I have a tall dresser where I store my clothes. Anyway, I was paying close attention because it seem like the color was turning red(it's white). So when I continued to look at it, I saw some red marks on it which I am still curious about then I see it's sides starts shifting like if it's growing arms or something(that's all I can remember unfortunately). All I remember is that really fucked me up that night.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay...
another one:
(creepy as hell)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back then, when i was like little-er, i was ALWAYS the one who would answer the phone.
So we were about to have dinner when the phone rang. The phone was upstairs. I went up to answer it.
Me: "Hello?"
The person at the other end was an old woman.
Old woman: "Nandiyan na ba sila?" ("Are they there yet?")
I QUICKLY PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND RAN DOWNSTAIRS.
IT
WAS
SCAAARY!
ohnoes.png

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Once i was dreaming about a Earthquake. The morning after, I felt all weird and stuff. Then I was thinking of the dream, and it didn't fit for my surroundings. Diffrent houses and roads. Everything collapsed. About a week later, Haïti was struck by that major earthquake. Weird
unsure.gif
i had the SAME THING except the chile one happened... but also in my dream were hurricanes and volcanoes so idk about that

EDIT: during the earthquake i can remember dreaming about a forest being hit and then the other stuff i mentioned, i was in a shopping center's parking lot

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have had a few strange experiencies, unlike many of you i was not young but alot older. this has happened many times and is still happening on occasion. as i'm falling asleep or trying to fall asleep i would get the sound of wind in my ears, when i'm dreaming i get the strong feeling i'm not in my bed. i find it very hard to pull myself from the dream as i just cannot open my eyes and wake up, i have to physically kick my legs to wake me from the dream........................sudeki300

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
431unknown said:
Slyakin said:
431unknown said:
pyrmon24 said:
That makes cense in away. I have never really read anything on the Qur'an, but now I might have to.
I think he's referring to "Jinn", which are the invisible beings made of fire that live simultaneously with us in this world. They can be harmful or beneficial; in Islam, they are the only other creature that Allah (which is God to christians) made that has free-will.

I should have wrote I never read any of the Qur'an, but i know who Allah is. I have read some of the bible tho.

Just want to say that Allah = God in arabic, and is the same god as the christian (and jewish) one
tongue.gif

I'll write some of my dreams and events later when I have the time
smile.gif
one reocurring dream, one extended version of that dream, and some creepy stuff that has happened throughout my life
smile.gif
the latest I think was my grand father
smile.gif
(and no, i don't believe in any religious stuff, or the afterlife, but from what has happened... I do think that some afterlife-ish things might happen sometimes... not that the "ghosts" are councious about what's happening, but the energy lives on acting like he/she would if he/she was alive... get my point?)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Issac said:
Just want to say that Allah = God in arabic, and is the same god as the christian (and jewish) one
tongue.gif

Allah started off as just one of the idols at Mecca, one of the pre Islamic pantheon of pagan gods from the region. It becoming the same god as the Jews and Christians came later.

But back on topic. I've been with people when supernatural shit is apparently happening and have never picked up on anything myself but people working themselves into a paranoid frenzy.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nutella said:
As far as I'm aware, sleep paralysis is normally a one off occasion for most people.
I haven't had it for a while, but I do get it sometimes; more than one occasion for me.

QUOTE(naglaro00 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:15 PM) story
What, you're scared of foreign language?
rolleyes.gif
It could have been a wrong number or something, but I guess when you were that age everything can seem a bit more scary.

In any case, about stories like these, some can be exaggerated, some still have a perfectly rational explanation, though come may even be true. Of the ones that are, the beings in question aren't long-lost people that come back as ghosts. Without help, dead people remain dead, there's no question about that, and what people experience are actually demons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks