1. JakieRAGE

OP JakieRAGE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok so recently my switch has been losing its mind

It's not anything software-wise I, can run all my mods perfectly fine

It's the Sd card. The Sd card randomly ejects mid-gameplay hell even a few seconds after startup and I can't seem to understand why. At first, I thought it was a formatting issue but then I re-formatted to Fat32 and it still didn't work. Then I thought it was the sd card slot being extremely sensitive to any movement but I don't have any tools to verify that. Idk it just happened out of nowhere one day and has continued to get worse every day since. I'm now forced to not use an Sd-Card at all and just play the games on the switch's piss poor 32 GB storage

Idk man it seems like my Sd card just reached the end of its lifespan, I don't have 2 of them so I usually format the card and then put all the shit I need onto the card for when I want to play either my switch or my 3ds since both are modded

Maybe that's the issue. Maybe constantly formatting it and transferring large amounts of stuff back and forth on it made it crap itself.

I'm really lost here and I don't wanna buy another one (Yet) since I don't know if it's a hardware issue or an Sd card issue. If it's a hardware issue then I'm fucked. A 2017 switch that can't use Sd Cards is useless

Help

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Have you tested the card with H2testw to see if the card is fake?

3. JakieRAGE

OP JakieRAGE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been using this card since March and only now has it started acting all fucky

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you eject and reinsert the sd card a lot then your sd card adapter might be dying, if it is not the sd card.

5. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    maybe you have the same issue I had. Check this thread I posted. there's a link to a video showing the problem.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-sx-os-boot-dat-error.510109/

6. JakieRAGE

OP JakieRAGE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Looked up the prices for those and they seem reasonable. I don't have modding tools though so I might take it to best buy tomorrow and see if they can fix that. Thanks for telling me specifically where the problem would be or else i would've never guessed

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you have the proper tool to take it apart then do it yourself, you want to see if all the contact points are touching for a solid connection between the motherboard and the SD card daughterboard.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...esc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=switch+sd+daughterboard

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HG3P9CM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JakieRAGE and digipimp75 like this.
  8. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The good news is that the sd slot is a modular piece. All you need is the right screwdriver set to open the outer case of the Switch, and the slot is right there.

JakieRAGE likes this.
  9. JakieRAGE

OP JakieRAGE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  10. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

Philippines
    The micro sd port is the easiest part of the console to replace, and it's dirt cheap as well. I got one for about $2 only. Although I haven't used it yet as I only bought it just in case my slot meet the same fate as yours. Good luck with the reolacement, I'm sure it's nothing serious.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

JakieRAGE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - screwed, somehow, switch