Not open for further replies.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about some religious inspired PC?

Aldi Süd (discount supermarket chain in southern Germany) pulled oriental flavored ("1001 nights") liquid soap from it's shelves that depicted a mosque on it's label after critique on facebook (German news link: http://www.derwesten.de/wirtschaft/...cremeseife-veraergert-muslime-id10242320.html).

Paraphrased reasoning for the outcry: "Depicting a holy place on a product which might be used in a bathroom hurts my religious feelings."

UsXdJC2.jpg

edit: English article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ithdraws-soap-brand-insulting-to-Muslims.html

Reactions: Gahars

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know I am not sure what to think about that. If it was them quoting the Quran then I can see it (it is generally accepted that you do not do that, even if some flavour of Islam is not your thing) but buildings.

On the other hand I do have to recall all the various times something similar happened in games.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_2440000/2440713.stm

On another hand still (I grew a third the other day, it is incredibly helpful) I am not seeing it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair I was dealing with some seventh day adventists in recent months. The human smalltalk chip appeared to have been an inferior one, though seemingly less unsettling than the default of silence, and it would occasionally cause me to say "in case I do not speak to you before then do have a good Christmas". Replies seemed to be of the rather terse variety which was always amusing.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The first thing I thought, feared even, when I saw a sign for a game called Social Justice Warriors on the PAX South show floor, was that it was the first in an incoming wave of games decrying the "social justice" movement in the gaming community, a term I dislike for the smug superiority it implies (I like to call it "being generally nice to one another").

NhnHidv.gif

The game seems highly inaccurate, though. Where's the "It's not my job to educate you, shitlord!" rebuttal?

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
C0rrYN5.png

a little late but still gold

How does that make you privileged you moron? No one is keeping you from randomly giving people gifts the same month. I swear to god these people are just abusing that term now. Maybe they're Masochists because they want to imagine everyone has more power than them.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Warning: Evil untrue Satire!

A creative take on the "25 Invisible Benefits of Gaming While Male" vid by #FullMcIntosh

(Also check out his other vids, good stuff)

Reactions: Gahars

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[snip]

Dat massive difference in favorites/retweets.

"Top kek, as they say."

While I strongly believe McIntosh got his hand way up Sarkeesian's bottom (sock puppet style, not what you all think now) those tweets need to be seen in their historical context.

AS got 217k followers today, that's a favorite rate of about 1%.

#FullMcIntosh had (according to http://web.archive.org/web/20101007170333/https://twitter.com/radicalbytes) about 600 followers back in October 2010, and that results in a favorite rate of about 1%, too.
edit: disregard that, was a giant brain fart.

Don't listen and believe, trust but verify. And most important: think.

BTW: Want to get favorable treatment in MMO's? (Pretend to) be a chick. Sexism at work.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I strongly believe McIntosh got his hand way up Sarkeesian's bottom (sock puppet style, not what you all think now) those tweets need to be seen in their historical context.

AS got 217k followers today, that's a favorite rate of about 1%.

#FullMcIntosh had (according to http://web.archive.org/web/20101007170333/https://twitter.com/radicalbytes) about 600 followers back in October 2010, and that results in a favorite rate of about 1%, too.

Don't listen and believe, trust but verify. And most important: think.

First of all, his tweet was made in 2012, not 2010. Secondly, it's meant in contrast to his first quote, that only a man's opinions will be respected and that women will be completely disregarded. Their own twitter accounts shows the opposite; they say the exact same shit, except McIntosh languishes in obscurity while Anita is wildly more popular. They've unintentionally produced a refutation for the worldview they peddle.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all, his tweet was made in 2012, not 2010. Secondly, it's meant in contrast to his first quote, that only a man's opinions will be respected and that women will be completely disregarded. Their own twitter accounts shows the opposite; they say the exact same shit, except McIntosh languishes in obscurity while Anita is wildly more popular. They've unintentionally produced a refutation for the worldview they peddle.

shitfuck. sorry for that 2010/2012 fuckup. Don't know how that happened, still I take full responsibility.

But why is AS so much more popular? Is it because she is female?
Or is it because stupid assholes thought it would be funny to harass her to kingdom come (I hope nobody believes she all did it herself) which resulted in ginormous press coverage? Perhaps even resulting in slacktivist behavior ("Oh that poor damsel in distress, here, have a pity like!")?

Don't get me wrong: those "25 Privileges" are mostly bullshit. But as long as there are racism and sexism (and oh boy, do I know some extreme cases of those) his last statement is sadly partial true.

edit: partial as in "Not limited to gaming but society in general". According to the conversations I had with gaming friends (golly, I know female gamers!) it's just blown way out of proportion.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what constitutes "rape culture" now.

JIbCfN4.png

Shh, it's okay, it'll all be okay. I can take you away from all of this patriarchy.

WWgqo6N.gif

Reactions: bkifft
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la