Folders on DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by MADacoda, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

Folders on DSTT by MADacoda at 10:21 PM (2,309 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MADacoda
    OP

Newcomer MADacoda Member

Netherlands
    Right now I have a R4DS but want more storage, thus I need SDHC support. Right now I narrowed my choices down to DSTT and CycloDS. Somewhere I read something about the TTDS not supporting directories while browsing through the games, it just puts all .nds files in on big list. Right now I have my files nicley split up into a homebrew, NDS, NDS platform games etc in seperate directories. Is this possible on the TTDS too?

Anything else I should take into account?

2. r4dsrevolution

Newcomer r4dsrevolution Newbie

United Kingdom
    DSTT cards can also do this with YSMENUE

3. euphemism

Member euphemism GBAtemp Regular

United States
    YSMENU is a modified version of the R4 kernel for the DSTT, I would suggest buying an Evolution for its features and team though. Then again, I tell everyone to buy the Evolution.

4. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you can put files in folder on DSTT kernal, but when youre browsing it, it doesnt show any folder, it just finds every .nds file on memory, and shows it, so if youre looking for more storage and are gonna have 4+gb of games on it, id recommend goin with the cyclo over the dstt simply cause you dont want to be scrolling through 4gb worth of games

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Edge is a low-cost solution (similar in price to the DSTT) and also allows folders. You can also get YSMenu for the DSTT (a homebrew menu system) that supports folders.

-Bri

6. MADacoda
    OP

Newcomer MADacoda Member

Netherlands
    Thanks a lot for the answers! At the moment I am really thinking about spending a bit more to get me a CycloDS just because of the features it has.