PS1/2 FMCB not booting on ps2 (SPCH-75004 6C)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How are you loading the CD? Pretty sure you can't just insert a burned CD and expect it to work. That's why you need FMCB after all.
exactly what he says ^^

you need a previous modded console or a way to install it, for example a disc swap trick (which i believe you will also need a tool)
FMCB needs to be installed to the memory card, you need a way to put it there first.
then when it's in the memory card, you can use that memory card to read burned discs.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
well fuck
you can do several stuff:
get someone with a ps2 that can read burned discs or a way to launch homebrew.
send the card to someone who will install freemcboot and send you back the card (there was a thread for this service here at the temp, make sure its with someone trusted who woldn't lose the card)
buy a card with freemcboot already installed in it, not sure if ebay allows this, but you could try it.
doesnt need to be a official or special memory card, after you get it, you can use it to install in other memory cards

TheTurkGamer

The biggest noob you will ever see
OP
Trophies
Website
www.stopbadintros.com
XP
Country
Turkey
you can do several stuff:
get someone with a ps2 that can read burned discs or a way to launch homebrew.
send the card to someone who will install freemcboot and send you back the card (there was a thread for this service here at the temp, make sure its with someone trusted who woldn't lose the card)
buy a card with freemcboot already installed in it, not sure if ebay allows this, but you could try it.
doesnt need to be a official or special memory card, after you get it, you can use it to install in other memory cards
well can you also install freemcboot with a PS1? it can read burned discs

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
well can you also install freemcboot with a PS1? it can read burned discs
remember that they are 2 different systems.
it would need a ps1 made installer, which i am sure no one even made one...
i am not sure if the ps2 would even be able to communicate with a ps2 memory card

TheTurkGamer

The biggest noob you will ever see
OP
Trophies
Website
www.stopbadintros.com
XP
Country
Turkey

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, sorry. Didn't realize from the model number. Well in that case I think the best option is getting a preloaded FMCB card.
Yup. FMCB takes quite a bit of space on the memory card, even if you sent your card in to someone they might have to delete a bunch of your saves to fit FMCB on it. I have 2 memory cards, a transparent one I bought preloaded with FMCB and a black one for my saves. And once you have FMCB you can install it to other memory cards, so you can hook up your friends and family who still own a PS2 ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong