Every time I open Flipnote on my 3DS LL, it crashes with this error:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error Type: generic
Process ID: 38
Process name: Ugomemo
Process title ID: 00040000000c6600

Address: 0x00119918
Error code: 0xc8804471

I have note changed the firmware as I want to keep it in Japanese, and I have used LumaLocale Switcher to try and change the language and region. Nothing has worked so far, and I need help.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote from wiki.hacks.guide:
Some dependency of the app you are trying to open does not exist.Ensure your SD is inserted, especially if the code is C88044AB specifically. If it is, ensure you have all of the necessary files for what you are trying to do.
If you do have the files and it is happening to a digital title, do a Safe Mode update.
If you do have the files and it is happening to a cartridge, either your 3DS or the cartridge likely has a hardware issue.

snatt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the correct files and am on the current version 11.17.0
The app still won't run.

I've also tried changing the region and locale directory

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
From a naughty forum so I have to censor the source a bit. Note that the solution paragraph comes before the problem explaination paragraph, due to editing.
Edit: I FINALLY DID IT okay so for anyone who's having similar issues here's what I did
With luma game patching enabled put the SD card into your computer and go to SD > luma > titles (I had to make this folder, it didn't exist before). Next, create a folder named 00040000000C6600. In that folder, create a notepad file containing the words "USA EN" (without quotations) and save it as locale.txt.Then put the SD card back in your 3ds and go to Luma Locale Switcher where you'll have to switch the Locale Directory to /luma/titles/%s/locale.txt. You might have to then go back to the title and change the region and language to USA EN on your own, but after that it should boot up like normal! ^^
So I bought a 3ds for my friend and hacked it to change the region lock from japan to north america. However, this means she no longer has access to the eshop and therefore I can't install Flipnote 3D for her. No worries, I'll just pirate it. However, no matter what I do I get this error (error code 0xc8804471). I had to pirate every other game I put on her device and had no issues, however Flipnote in particular is giving me trouble and I can't understand why. I've tried tips I found other places like changing the region in Luma Locale, as well as downloading it from different sources and trying qr codes and stuff but none of it really worked. I'm extremely new to this kind of thing so I have no idea what to do from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...