Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jytach said:
You still didn't get it?
28 Dec is April Fool's day in spain, and the FlatMii website is hosted in spain, so...

I f***ing hate that date. You can't browse the Net, read a newspaper or watch the TV without an asshole playing "jokes" on everyone. You know what? It's not even funny anymore. We already know we can't take ANYTHING seriously during the 28th Dec...

Edit: Yes, quincy_xD, it's "April's Fool's day" here in Spain (although we call it "Santos Inocentes"). Dunno if this is really the case, but I've seen worse "jokes", like saying that Microsoft would convert the points won by Achievements into Live cash...

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You still didn't get it?
28 Dec is April Fool's day in spain, and the FlatMii website is hosted in spain, so...

I wish people would stop saying that. WE KNOW ALREADY.

Some credible users (including admin of WiiNewz) have stated it is real, so time will tell. I am very very excited
biggrin.gif

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ron555 said:
QUOTE said:
You still didn't get it?

Some credible users (including admin of WiiNewz) have stated it is real, so time will tell. I am very very excited
biggrin.gif

admins may be wrong also...

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey R. said:
Jytach said:
You still didn't get it?

I f***ing hate that date. You can't browse the Net, read a newspaper or watch the TV without an asshole playing "jokes" on everyone. You know what? It's not even funny anymore. We already know we can't take ANYTHING seriously during the 28th Dec...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
then why don't they (flatMii co.) send an item to a GBATemp Mod?? and then we all know this is true...!!!
smile.gif

EDIT: Cause we all want this to be true.
biggrin.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
then why don't they (flatMii co.) send an item to a GBATemp Mod?? and then we all know this is true...!!!
Because they don't need to prove what they have done especially to forums like this..

Well......they should, do you know how many Wii users come to GBATemp just to watch and find some answers?? and how many registered??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My thoughts:
The GC had a IDE adapter so normal IDE drives could be used. The link seems to be down and I can not find a decent/working mirror but mod that cube had the info coupled with the fact that the Wii DVD drive is little more than a rebadged GC drive....

The "man in the middle" attack is far from new as others have mentioned, most chips work by this at some level (to block it the current drives merged the controller, epoxy is used to block things...). This is just a new way of looking at things.

When the first chips came out there was an alternative method that used a PC serial port ( http://modyawii.tehskeen.com/index.php?pag...erial_port.html ). Of course that is completely unrelated but know it is not the first to try such an idea.

Going back to the IDE drive thing I would really like a way to use a standard drive on the wii, make this and I will be happy.

The videos, a few of the cuts could rouse suspicion but it is youtube.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ron555 said:
QUOTE said:
You still didn't get it?

biggrin.gif

If they claimed it were not real, then it wouldn't be a true "1st april" joke.

Arceles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It is real, wiinewz shown another video showing it working... even when the computer goes in sleep mode the disc is no longer found in the wii from the left.

I hope this gets sold in deal extreme.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My bad, I got so used to having long search terms since blogs were added to search engines I forget simple things still occasionally work.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
I really dont see the point to this IF it were true, DVDs are cheap, they dont ocupy too much space and when you have gamma, there is really no need to open your Wii and risk damaging it. So thanks, but no thanks, Soft is the way to go
smile.gif

Diffusion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
I really dont see the point to this IF it were true, DVDs are cheap, they dont ocupy too much space and when you have gamma, there is really no need to open your Wii and risk damaging it. So thanks, but no thanks, Soft is the way to go
smile.gif
It makes all those Wiis with dead drives useful again. ...and the install looks as easy as a Wii-clip installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-phish-finance-orgs-using-trojanized-minesw...