FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
olimar appeared and gave us Flashme v8, I imagine you know what flashme is but if not read here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/FlashMe

olimar said:
holy crap, it's a flashme update. about damn time...

Changes:

- Added audio cues to tell you when it's flashing.
- Removed MK2/3 booting code, because it was causing problems.
- Noflashme updated to fix issues with DS Lite.
- Made a "no autoboot" version that won't boot SLOT-2 unless A,B,X,Y are held.

link

Source:
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13101

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using v7 of flashme for months with no problems at all. I'm not going to update as it seems a waste of time. I only updated to v7 because they got the brightness working on the ds lite.

EDIT: Unless v8 lets you boot to slot 1 right away (Or choose the slot to boot to). I put a mod on my flashme v7 to do this anyway.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Decided after all to update to V8 of flashme. I like how you can choose to have stealth or the normal flashme installed and boot to slot 1. Mine was flashed with the normal flashme, as the mod I used to get it to boot from slot 1 only worked with the normal flashme.

What I loved about this is it make a beeping sound so you need to short the SL1. When the SL1 is shorted the beeping sound changes, when the flashme is complete and you need to restart it does a constant beep. If you flash a few DS lites its handy, as you don't need to use a mirror to see what the % is at.

kersplatty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just successfully flashed two ds's
biggrin.gif
lovin it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)