Hacking flashme fwnitro version

charpsp20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay my Main reason to want to flash my old ds is for personal nds rom dumping. (the other benfits of working download play are nice too) I have an m3 lite and simply as well as an old Supercard CF. Since it sounds like the m3 dumper is exclusive to gbamp CF, i was thinking of flashing the fwnitro and using the supercard. Does this work? Do i miss anything not using the usual flashme firmware?

Edit: Just making sure, is the m3 simply the right "passme" card to use or do i have to get another one that is specifically passme? And this will work successfully in tandum with the supercard CF as a slot 2 solution? Thanks

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
A flashed NDS Lite with the M3 Perfect Lite and the M3 Dumper will work. I have checked it and here are my results so far. I will try later on using WRT Dumper 1.4 and a M3 CF when money permits. I already know of a good source where I can get my hands on a M3 CF unit.

80% success

Children of Mana -- Dump VALID and VERIFIED (796CC1E3)
Final Fantasy III -- Dump VALID and VERIFIED (27883409)
Lunar Knights -- Dump VALID and VERIFIED (B74EB813)
Metroid Prime Hunters -- Dump INVALID (EE91B0AC) (VALID = 7FE4554A)
Megaman ZX -- Dump VALID and VERIFIED (B4AC7C0B)

The invalid dump was done twice. Both times it failed to dump the same area of the rom so it may be an encrypted area that the M3 dumper is unable to dump properly or even at all since it was 2 seperate ranges that were just blank.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Well I did alot of research locating them. You can get the M3 Dumper from the website below but I forget where I got version 1.4 of the wrg dumper. I had to really look for that one. 1.4 is where the nds dump capability got added and can supposedly even dump the encrypted areas. Note that team wrg is the one that released the Metroid Prime Hunters backup to the internet.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Look in the Other M3 Files/Tools area.

If you really want wrg dumper 1.4 then take a look on the internet and you should be able to find it. I know I did.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0