Hacking Flashcard that run 32 Megabyte ROMS

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any flashcard (GBA-specific or NDS Slot-2 solutions) that do not require me to copy a 32 Megabyte game into NOR memory? I found the EZ4 Deluxe, but I read that that flashcard is slow in booting >16 Megabyte ROMs.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The slot-2 Supercards and M3 Perfects contain 32 MB of RAM so you don't have to write them to NOR flash like you do with the EZ-Flash line. However, the Supercards suck for GBA games, and you're never going to be able to find an M3 Perfect anymore.

The best you can do is try to trim your 32 MB rom so it takes a few seconds less to load it to NOR. Also note that once you've written it once, it will boot up instantly until you decide to swap it out for another 32 MB game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP I dare say you confused two concepts

The EZ4 lite deluxe boots greater than 16 meg roms to the PSRAM at a speed proportional to the size (if a 13 meg file took 15 seconds a 26 would take 30 seconds) as it has 32 megabytes of ram onboard.

The original EZ4 (which is the easiest to find these days as the EZTeam did another run a few years back) and EZ4 lite (do not get an EZ4 lite compact) have to write the few roms that are greater than 16 megs to the NOR as they only have 16 megabytes of RAM which is quite slow the first time you do it but once it is on the NOR it stays there until you delete it and will boot as soon as you tell it to launch if you want.

Also the EZ4 lite deluxe has 48 megabytes of NOR where the EZ4 and EZ4 lite have 32 megabytes or NOR.

As DanTheManMS said though as supercards are somewhat sub optimal as far as GBA goes your main alternative other than earlier EZ gear would probably be the M3 perfect and nobody that knows what they are will let one go easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: