Hacking Flashcard for the DSi XL

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just bought my kids a DSi XL each for Christmas ( lol, I know its a tad early) and I want to get the best flash cards available. I want to be able to update them when new updates come out. I know that there are a lot of fakes knocking around and want to buy the legit, genuine cards. Ive looked in the gbatemp shop but thats as far as Ive got at the moment. Sooo, its over to the experts, the experts being you guys! Thanks in advance

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a DSTWO. Simple. ROMs have AP and the DSTWO is best when it comes to working around that. DSTWO is the most compatible flashcard I have ever seen. Honestly for example I downloaded fresh ROMs of the latest games like Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs and it works perfectly without any problems on the DSTWO. You also get better emulation on it and other plugins. You can also have media features but they did not release one yet. Honestly expect great things from DSTWO.

Also what color did you get? I just got my DSi XL last week and it is midnight blue. It is absolutely amazing. I just love the finish on it and the touches they made. Very beautiful. I hate the other colors. I think it was Wine and Burgundy.

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clookster said:
Well. Acekard 2.i with Akaio & Supercard DSTwo are the only two cards now.

I personally am a Acekard boy, but the Supercard seems to be good as well.

Ive got an acekard rpg for my own use and Ive never had a problem with it. I use AKaio myself and I like it. However I have noticed that NOT all games will work. Is there any card that will play every game?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skip the acekard and get the supercard dstwo.
there is NO clones of the dstwo

and with the dstwo, they can play all the newest games instantly, no more looking for fix, patch, or waiting for and update
with an acekard, you'll still need patches and/or and update to play new games

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It depends how much you're willing to spend on the flashcart.

The two best choices for the DSi systems are the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTwo.

The Acekard 2i
is cheaper at $15. When you install the AKAIO firmware, most games will work and games play quite nicely. Most importantly, you can enable a child-safe lock on the Acekard 2i, this prevents them from accidentally delete games or anything. An upcoming AKAIO update should make even more games work very well.
The Acekard 2i needs to be manually reflashed to work on an updated DSi. Easy enough if you have a DS Lite already, but if not, be absolutely sure to order "Premium flashing + updating service" to ensure your Acekard will arrive DSi 1.4.1 ready.

The Supercard DSTwo is pricier at $35, but it can do a lot more. On the current firmware practically everything will work flawlessly (thanks to it's system of bypassing anti-piracy measures), and it has some nice functions on the real-time menu, if they choose to use it.
To get DSTwo working on a new DSi firmware, simply requires placing a file on the microSD card, that easy. The DSTwo is the most future-proof card out there.

Both these flashcarts accept microSDHC memory (up to 32gb) and can have their interfaces skinned to something your kids will liked. If they like Mario, install a Super Mario themed skin! You can find plenty of skins on www.filetrip.net or www.ndsthemes.com

If you're looking for the most compatible flashcart, currently that would be the DStwo, in the future, AKAIO might make up.
If you're looking for somewhere to buy, I totally recommend Shoptemp for any UK citizens, it's free shipping is reliable (took both my orders about 7 days to arrive) and the prices are very fair.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is what I said.
dry.gif

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
It depends how much you're willing to spend on the flashcart.

The two best choices for the DSi systems are the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTwo.

The Acekard 2i
is cheaper at $15. When you install the AKAIO firmware, most games will work and games play quite nicely. Most importantly, you can enable a child-safe lock on the Acekard 2i, this prevents them from accidentally delete games or anything. An upcoming AKAIO update should make even more games work very well.
The Acekard 2i needs to be manually reflashed to work on an updated DSi. Easy enough if you have a DS Lite already, but if not, be absolutely sure to order "Premium flashing + updating service" to ensure your Acekard will arrive DSi 1.4.1 ready.

The Supercard DSTwo is pricier at $35, but it can do a lot more. On the current firmware practically everything will work flawlessly (thanks to it's system of bypassing anti-piracy measures), and it has some nice functions on the real-time menu, if they choose to use it.
To get DSTwo working on a new DSi firmware, simply requires placing a file on the microSD card, that easy. The DSTwo is the most future-proof card out there.

Both these flashcarts accept microSDHC memory (up to 32gb) and can have their interfaces skinned to something your kids will liked. If they like Mario, install a Super Mario themed skin! You can find plenty of skins on www.filetrip.net or www.ndsthemes.com

If you're looking for the most compatible flashcart, currently that would be the DStwo, in the future, AKAIO might make up.
If you're looking for somewhere to buy, I totally recommend Shoptemp for any UK citizens, it's free shipping is reliable (took both my orders about 7 days to arrive) and the prices are very fair.

I'll go for the DStwo. I'll get them ordered tonight. Thankls for your input guys, very much appreciated

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Your help and pint of views have been very much appreciated
yaynds.gif
I knew I would get the right answers here!

Edit.............Ive just had a quick look on the internet and shoptemp is the cheapest for the dstwo btw. Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick update. My 2 dstwos arrived this moring and of course, being a caring father, I had to try them out on my kids new dsi xl. They work like a dream. Every rom I tried works like a dream. Superb. Thanks for the initial advice guys
yaynds.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
Just a quick update. My 2 dstwos arrived this moring and of course, being a caring father, I had to try them out on my kids new dsi xl. They work like a dream. Every rom I tried works like a dream. Superb. Thanks for the initial advice guys
yaynds.gif
Glad to hear it!
And they just announced the video plug-in for the DSTwo, it'll let your kids watch some shows on their DS.
smile.gif

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
TudorBlue said:
yaynds.gif
Glad to hear it!
And they just announced the video plug-in for the DSTwo, it'll let your kids watch some shows on their DS.
smile.gif

Ive noticed the dstwo has a game boy emulator. So is this all I need to play gb and gba game roms on the dstwo? (sorry if that sounds noobish)

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
RupeeClock said:
TudorBlue said:
yaynds.gif
Glad to hear it!
smile.gif

Ive noticed the dstwo has a game boy emulator. So is this all I need to play gb and gba game roms on the dstwo? (sorry if that sounds noobish)

It can play quite some GBA games.
GBA Emulator details

See the link for additional information.

To play GC-games you should download this: Lameboy
This will play ALL gameboy games prior the GBA-games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.