Hacking Flash Cart Information Help Needed

Pharosher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a few flash carts to use, but I have a few questions first (and would like your opinion on what I need to get). I am looking for good flash cart(s) that I can do the following things with:

1. An easy to use flash cart that I can drag and drop the necessary files onto and then run the games from the Nintendo DS (from what I read the R4i SHDC 3DS is the best for this?). I am looking to try and run pokemon distribution cart roms off of it, from which they can be picked up with another Nintendo DS with the retail game inside
2. Back up any DS/GBA Pokemon game and reload it back onto the flash cart (if I need a different cart for each that is fine)
3. Will I be able to trade with the Pokemon games (on the flash cart) with my retail pokemon games? (assuming that I have access to two Nintendo DS’s)

I am still learning about all of this, so any help would be appreciated

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

1 - Any modern flash cart lets you do that. I've run the distro carts (both the legit ones and the fake/hacked ones) on various flash carts. I would not recommend any cart with SDHC in the title. Any carts I would recommend are in the above link.
EDIT: Well, the iEvo is an exception since it looks like support for it has dropped...

2 - If you do want to deal with GBA carts you will need a GBA-slot flash cart as well. What do you mean by backing up and reloading?

3 - Yes, flash carts run the game as if it was an actual cart, all trading forms work fine... with one exception. The pokewalker does not work for Heartgold and Soulsilver on any flash cart, and cannot be made to work. This is because the actual game carts hav infrared ability, which no flash cart has, and that's a physical issue, not a software one.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest flash card that's awesome is the www.r4ids.cn flash card (It's officially called R4i Gold 3DS) Be careful when you buy it that it has their website printed on the bottom of the front sticker. I have a link to a cheap one here $10 dollars shipped. Good trustworthy website also! :D No GBA games with this card, so if you want those you need a EZ Flash 3in1 card also (they cost $20 dollars). In case you didn't know a EZ Flash 3in1 fits into a DS Lite GameBoy slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte