Gaming Fixing the DS touch screen

MklStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I've got this little problem with my DS lite.
Is it possible to fix the touch screen?
At the moment, when I turn it on, the welcoming screen or something which is white with black text comes in a range of different colours.
The top screen is fine and all, just the touch screen.
There's no other problem with the screen other than the colour problem but it hurts my eyes when i look at it.
its flashing or something. Like those old TVs and when you try film it with an old video camera.
Errmm... I'm not too well with describing the problem but yea...

EDIT:
this is what the screen looks like when I turn it on.
dsc02805q.jpg

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me see if I can assist you in making sense of this.

So when you turn on your DS, the touch screen flickers random colors and flashes like one of those videos where the creator intentionally tries to cause people to have seizures?

It sounds like it could be an internal problem. If you're no good with all that junk like soldering or just messing with that stuff in general, then you might have to send your DS to Nintendo.

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1st off its NOT the touch screen that has the fault...

try this 1st, take off the battery cover, now either side of the screw hole there are 2 tiny holes with tiny screws in them, get a tiny screwdriver n twiddle either of them to adjust the screen (i forget which screw does which screen)

if that doesnt solve the problem then u need a new bottom screen

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
phoenix1234 said:
try this 1st, take off the battery cover, now either side of the screw hole there are 2 tiny holes with tiny screws in them, get a tiny screwdriver n twiddle either of them to adjust the screen (i forget which screw does which screen)
This doesn't sound like legitimate help. I've never even heard of these magical screws that adjust the screens.

Besides, what if they do one screw and it permanently messes up the top screen?

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it wont mess up he top screen they are adjustable and they are there for just such occasions.

and it is LEGITIMATE help as i do this alot.. buying and selling off ebay

also have a look at the ds you have and check for the screws yourself

caaraa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're no good with all that junk like soldering or just messing with that stuff in general, then you might have to send your DS to Nintendo.
22.gif

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to replace the screen should it need it, there is no soldering involved.... its really simple to do, providing you take care, have a look on you tube for howto... vids, there's loads of them.

MklStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phoenix1234 said:
1st off its NOT the touch screen that has the fault...

if that doesnt solve the problem then u need a new bottom screen
Umm... are you talking about these screws? (the ones circled in red on the right)
dsc02814d.jpg

Cause if you are then... it doesn't do anything except turn forever. It doesn't tighten anything and it doesn't come off either.

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes its those screws, and they're not supposed to tighten, they are frame adjustments for the top n bottom screens, you can see the effect they have better when the DS is powered ON, which, incidentally, is the way your supposed to adjust them....

EDIT: but having now seen the image of the screen itself, i would say its a new screen thats definately needed, NOT a touch screen, as this wouldnt cause anything like that, the only fault a touch screen would develop is to become non responsive.

so as i suggested at the beginning, try and adjust the screws as pictured above, with the DS powered on! Also check all 3 of the ribbon cables inside the DS to make sure they havnt worked loose, if that doesnt solve the problem, then you will need to replace the screen.

MklStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea the screws do adjust the screen but didn't fix.
seems like I'll have to go buy a replacement and fix it from there.
thanks anyways ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...