Gaming Fixing scratches/Not screens on the DS lite.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To fix scratches on the outermost layer of the Nintendo DS Lite, what needs to be replaced.
From watching videos I'm fairly certain that the bottom touch screen is what receives scratches on the bottom, but I'm confused on the top.
Videos show (I'm pretty sure) a plastic shield in front of the top LCD. Thus I don't need to buy a new top LCD, but a new shield. But I don't see these sold anywhere.
Correct me on the top and bottom outermost layers....
Thanks

Lomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
keine said:
To fix scratches on the outermost layer of the Nintendo DS Lite, what needs to be replaced.
From watching videos I'm fairly certain that the bottom touch screen is what receives scratches on the bottom, but I'm confused on the top.
Videos show (I'm pretty sure) a plastic shield in front of the top LCD. Thus I don't need to buy a new top LCD, but a new shield. But I don't see these sold anywhere.
Correct me on the top and bottom outermost layers....
Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's the touchscreen on top of the bottom LCD screen you need to replace in the bottom. I don't think there's anything on top of the topscreen - but how do you get scatches on that screen?

optiloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've repaired enough DS's to know for sure. You need to replace the top LCD screen. There is no layer in front of it.
If you start, please look carefully at the video's on youtube about dissabling the DS !
And do mind the power button and volume control slide. They tend to break very easy when re-assembling your DS.

Good luck.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply....I've watched some videos, and wow, thats a disassembly. I'd feel like my DS was never the same, even if I got it all put back together. you know how you take apart a controller....and put it back together and it doens't "feel" right, and you take it apart/put it back/take it apart/ put it back, changing really nothing in the process, till it "feels" right again. my ds might not feel right. and what about those POOR little rubber pads that surround the top screen......I might just live w/ the minor minor scratches. or just trade up or buy a new one. THIS TIME....immediate screen protectors.....immediately. why I didn't I don't know.
ohnoes.png

then there is the 3ds....

Does anyone know why my nintendo brand stylus scratched my bottom screeN?

It was primarily Zelda Phantom Hourglass that did it...lots of stylus. Can styluses go bad?

Thinking of maybe trading in this DS and going for a DSi XL rather than trying to replace screens. Looks like ALOT of trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...