ROM Hack Fixes for Maginus' Pokemon Soul Silver Patch

Shinryuji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, well I intended to make a whole thread about this, so here it is.
If you have problems or fixes for certain things to do with this patch, then post away.

--- For patching the rom ---
If the patch doesn't work or is showing 0kb then try the following:
Firstly, WAIT. The patch shows up as 0kb when it is patching. If it stays at 0kb and there is absolutely nothing going on then...
Try and update your Net framework to the latest version.
Add ".patch" at the end of the patch. Sometimes xDelta doesn't recognise the patch otherwise.
Check the rom is CLEAN which means that the filesize is 128mb. This patch only works on an unpatched, untrimmed version of the game. so any extra patching or trimming will have to come later.
Try using another version of xDelta, your version may not be rescent enough, or may be missing important files that help the program run.
Try uninstalling your net framework completely and re-installing it, there may be something wrong with your net framework in general.
Try searching in places other than the desktop. xDelta is... Moody. It sometimes puts the patched rom in various places that it shouldn't.
Try putting the GUI in the root of the c:\ drive, this seems to help for some reason.
Make sure it's the clean Xenophobia rom.

Reminded to me by Rascal: In addition to these suggestions, look in c:\documents and settings. That is where xDelta puts it occasionally. Search your drive for anything ending in "patched.nds", that's often where it's hiding.

We cannot help you, it's against the rules to post roms or link TO roms so the best we can do is give advice. You must help yourself, by doing the above things.

--- For fixing the Pokégear with an M3 ---
Link to ARM7 file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4R3HYO4U

After downloading the file you should unpack the rom with dslazy, copy and paste the ARM 7 file provided into the unpacked ROM, and then repack it.

Or in more precise terms... {As posted by summer02}

1. Patch the clean soul silver ROM with Wataru's translation patch. The reason I did this was because if I swapped the arm7 files first, it is no longer clean and the patch file would only end up at 0 bytes.
2. Open dslazy and unpack the now patched soul silver ROM
3. Then copy the arm7 file that's located in the download provided. (As soon as you open the folder, you see the dslazy folder and the arm7 file. Copy that one)
4. Go into the NDS_UNPACK folder that appeared once you unpack the patched soul silver ROM and overwrite (paste) the arm7 file with the previously copied one in step 3.
5. Repack the ROM and overwrite the original patched file. (It's up to you if you want to do this step, it doesn't affect much, but could cause less mixups)
6. Put it on your M3 real and test it.

--- For your saves ---
Firstly you can use your old save files for pokemon HG/SS!
All you have to do is make sure that the .sav (or .dsv) file has EXACTLY the same name as the rom you are using. So if your rom is called PKMN_hg_SUKS.ds then the save has to be called PKMN_hg_SUKS.sav (or PKMN_hg_SUKS.dsv).

If for some reason you don't like having .dsv save files, then there is an answer! just download the following converter and convert! Be warned, you should pobably back up your sve before you convert, just in case.
Here's the link.

--- Finally... Wataru does NOT want your help ---
--- Unless you intend to beta test ---
- Or make him videos of the untranslated text -

--- It's nothing personal, he just thinks he works better alone ---

origitina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r there ar cheats 4 this like walk thru walls or anything

if a moderator deletes this, PLEASE PM ME WALK THRU WALLS!!!!!

SFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im pretty sure my game is patched correctly with the correct rom but for some reason i get a "rom-image has crashed" message every time i try to save past goldenrod city

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SFred said:
ok im pretty sure my game is patched correctly with the correct rom but for some reason i get a "rom-image has crashed" message every time i try to save past goldenrod city
Have you tried saving at that same point with a clean version of the ROM? You could just have a glitchy ROM and need to replace it.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFred said:
Search for a program called No$Launcher, find the NDS Bios and find the latest NDS firmwire. That'll fix those problems.

SFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
SFred said:
Search for a program called No$Launcher, find the NDS Bios and find the latest NDS firmwire. That'll fix those problems.

ok thanks i got no$launcher but i cant figure out how to use it its not in english i also have firmware and BIOS

Shinryuji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another option is that you could use something other than No$GBA. If I remember correctly, then there are a few less... Volatile programs that you could download. DeSmuMe is quite good apparently.

SFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
Another option is that you could use something other than No$GBA. If I remember correctly, then there are a few less... Volatile programs that you could download. DeSmuMe is quite good apparently.

i actually have DeSmuMe but i dont use it because it makes the game a lot slower and i would have to start over but i might just try it if i cant get no$ to work

origitina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u hav a ds? maybe u can use a flashcart like me r4 rev works fine. no$launcher will sometimes not work and r4s already have all of youre fixes put 4 u!!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it really matter? The last post in this topic was from November 2009. The only reason people will see it now is because you bumped it.
Plus, Magnius got banned.
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: