Hacking fix #002 errors in latest Wii games that uses IOS5x

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the file NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol is just an exact copy of main.dol, which is the dolified version (i presume) of NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf. i think NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf are extra files left over from development, but if someone wants to try and patch them (you might need a different patch for the elf) go ahead. if you do, tell us if it worked/ what happened. i'm not sure if this patch has improved compatibility or not since there were modchip users before claiming nfs ran on ios36.

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
ppc_gba said:
i tried the system settings video mode and disc setting video mode options in your softchip toy. both left me at the same green crash screen. i noticed that normally a green screen shows for 1/2 of a second before the error 002 screen. i'm also still trying to implement the patches on the fly, they seem to not be taking effect with my on the fly patcher...

edit: i just tried patching the games video mode from pal to ntsc using generic wii patcher, but it appears to have no effect.i do wonder if we implemented an auto video mode fix in softchip if it would fix the return to wii menu crash for foreign games (pal at least possibly). somehow i doubt it but it's worth a try.

Which cIOS do you test for this and where is it installed? And do you have a modchip?

Is the patching with my toy not working in general or just only for NFS?

QLeap said:
Okay, here is a way to run NFS Undercover on IOS36.

1. WBB this disc if you don't want any update.
2. extract three files, main.dol, NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf. definitely main.dol should be patched. But not sure which one is secondary executable file.
So I patched all three files with the above pattern.

2C 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00

-->

2C 00 00 00 48 00 02 14 3C 60 80 00

3. Optionally use wglp2 (wii game language patcher v2) if you have other region wii than PAL. (I have JP Wii so I had to patched with this.)

4. replace original files with the patched files then fake sign it.

5. Use Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to change required IOS number to 36 from 55.

6. Burn it.

7. Play it from disc channel in system menu.

I've tested this with my JP Wii and verified it works great.

Do you have a modchip?

Posts merged

djdynamite123 said:
Can't be pestered with all the patching, i mean all the new games are going to carry this 002 problem anyway, would be nice for some permanent patch or something, or a loader which can extract and use the required IOS's aswell as bypassing the 00 errors, That's what Nuke was thinking of......iv'e messaged Nuke again, awaiting a reply.....

My goal is to get these games working with untouched 1:1 copies, i think it's not a problem if you need to copy some patched files to sd.

QUOTE(blueyuk @ Dec 17 2008, 01:02 PM)
i cant find the pattern in win hex...is there a way to do download the patched files??also what program do i use for step 4??many thanks

Did you search for the corrected pattern? No the files can't be uploaded here, they contain (lol, it's just 99,999%) code from nintendo.

i saved the three files using wiiscrubber,opened in win hex, searched for 2C 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00 but was not found..would a srubbed(compress) iso affect this??many thanks...which program would i need to replace with patched file

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Burning nfs undercover with the patch now.
smile.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blueyuk: read the thread: the correct search pattern is 2C 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00 (remove a pair of zeros after the 2c) same goes for the patch pattern.

edit: nvm, i think you just searched for it in the wrong place, try also removing spaces between the characters.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the information!

We could create codes (Ocarina codes) which would simply rewrite that in realtime (being admin at the WiiRd forums so Gecko OS is my thing)!
I wonder: why did Nintendo block Gecko OS? Imports? Or cheating?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:
the file NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol is just an exact copy of main.dol, which is the dolified version (i presume) of NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf. i think NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf are extra files left over from development, but if someone wants to try and patch them (you might need a different patch for the elf) go ahead. if you do, tell us if it worked/ what happened. i'm not sure if this patch has improved compatibility or not since there were modchip users before claiming nfs ran on ios36.

QLeap seems to need IOS Version patching, i don't know if it's because he uses the disc channel or because nintendo has seen that the backup launchers have a little trouble if the game loads its IOS itself. NFS wants IOS55, could you install any backup cIOS as IOS55 and try?

I think this patch works at least for the modchips users which couldn't get past the 002 error.

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
@blueyuk: read the thread: the correct search pattern is 2C 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00 (remove a pair of zeros after the 2c) same goes for the patch pattern.

edit: nvm, i think you just searched for it in the wrong place, try also removing spaces between the characters.

thanks for reply..ive found it now(i think i was saving wrong file)editing them now..how do i put the patched files back into the iso?

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
yeh it would be nice for another solution rather than all this patching im sure it will be done soon, but well done for getting around the protection
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
screamq3 said:
yeh it would be nice for another solution rather than all this patching im sure it will be done soon, but well done for getting around the protection
smile.gif

Why do this many people have problems with patching? As long i would be able to use a untouched 1:1 copy, i would be happy. If only the main.dol patch is need to get rid of the 002 error, i think it will be integrated into SoftChip soon. But first we need to figure out which patches excatly are needed and which not.

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
patched main.dol winhex cannot find that pattern in the other 2 files.....how do i put the patched files back and fake sign??many thanks for your help

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
buby78 said:
im a noob and i never patch games only with backup creator so what do i need to get this working ?

Arrgh, don't use the backup creator! It's not needed anymore FOR WEEKS already! If you use a decrypted copy my toy doesn't work for you. If you use 1:1 copys get my toy and just test it before asking how to use, i think it's pretty obvious. Oh and just wait for other confirming that it works for softmodders, then we will get to know what exactly is needed.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the pal version of the game. The game is recognized as an official game by the menu so you can load it from the disc channel without rebooting with hooks.
biggrin.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I have an nonchipped softmodded Wii... When the NFS Undercover was released I tried patching it w/ ios 55 and still got the #002 error. I have tried this on both versions. PAL and NTSC on my NTSC Wii.

Ok... So... I know this sounds like some complete n00b as shit....

Can someone actually write the steps I would do to attempt this again the way the toy is meant to be done...if it is at all possible with my nonchipped Wii. I am pretty good at following directions...just seems I was getting mixed signals between using the Gecko OS (hardmodded hackers) method and the way things were explained the softmodded way...

I have plenty of discs... just want it explained a little clearer with the unchipped way... and then I will post my results... Thanks for making this possible.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Ok... I have an nonchipped softmodded Wii... When the NFS Undercover was released I tried patching it w/ ios 55 and still got the #002 error. I have tried this on both versions. PAL and NTSC on my NTSC Wii.

Ok... So... I know this sounds like some complete n00b as shit....

Can someone actually write the steps I would do to attempt this again the way the toy is meant to be done...if it is at all possible with my nonchipped Wii. I am pretty good at following directions...just seems I was getting mixed signals between using the Gecko OS (hardmodded hackers) method and the way things were explained the softmodded way...

I have plenty of discs... just want it explained a little clearer with the unchipped way... and then I will post my results... Thanks for making this possible.
Why not just use the fix I used?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1