first time you got your graphics card

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I just orders my 8600gt yesterday and I need to know the proper way to react when I get it. Should I jump around saying gibberish or should I be simpler and just start trash my place?

I need help so can you guys help me out, how did you react when you got your 8600, 8800(lucky bastard) or what ever?

P.S: don't know if this is the proper section so if you need to move it, please do.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it weird being spastic and all over a graphics card... WTH?

The first time I got my graphics card... okay it looks good... Aaaahhh... I just got The Sims as a present...YAY!

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I'll just become speechless and every day just stare at it for one month then play it.
wink2.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I reacted? Well considering how long ago it was and my general knowledge at the time I had someone put it in for me at the store so it was warranted on their dime. I was happy, but didn't act stupid, but it really opened some doors like DOOM and stuff.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best reaction would be to place the graphics card in a package, go to the post office and ill pm you the address. Then send me it and thats how you would react.

Its just a graphics card dude, calm down.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got me some triple gtx 280's, nice but there is a heat problem and im gonna sell one for 50 bucks since less people are fortunate, its on ebay just look for it, if noone bids, ill give it to my friend.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cepheus said:
my very first video card was a 4mb ati card! I think I used it to play DOOM!

Yeah, you never forget your first.

Mine was a Voodoo 3 PCI (16 mb, I think) . I was finally able to get my P1 100 mhz to run Quake (1). On a LAN no less.

gekiwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine was a geforce fx 5200. The reaction I got was "holy crap my pc is smoking!!!". I burned my power supply with it lol.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My first graphics card is GeForce 7200 SE, sadly I obtained it 3 months ago
frown.gif
and it's still along way before I got my hands on 9600 GT

Although, the first time I got my graphics card I thought I've owned my entire family member, sadly, it's not true.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gekiwolf said:
Mine was a geforce fx 5200. The reaction I got was "holy crap my pc is smoking!!!". I burned my power supply with it lol.

Now that's what I call a hot PC
wink2.gif
(I know, bad pun) I know I shouldn't get crazy but this is my first grfx are and it's probably a HUGE step up from my current grfx card so I want it to be a 'special' moment, with lots of lotion lol

QUOTE(kjean @ Nov 12 2008, 02:01 AM) If I got 9800GT myself that make me super lucky bastard? Lol?

Yes

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
No one thought me how to install an graphics card. I know how to build a computer but I don't know how to install an graphics card. =/ I'm such a noob. I don't even know how to set up my avatar!!! >_

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Licardo7 said:
well, I just orders my 8600gt yesterday and I need to know the proper way to react when I get it. Should I jump around saying gibberish or should I be simpler and just start trash my place?

I need help so can you guys help me out, how did you react when you got your 8600, 8800(lucky bastard) or what ever?

P.S: don't know if this is the proper section so if you need to move it, please do.

My god it is only a graphics card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-