First official build of RetroArch for the Nintendo Switch out now

D6D0FEBC-2D43-4E51-B578-AF0FB2C831D2.jpeg

The evolution of the Nintendo Switch hacking scene takes a major step forward with the impending release of RetroArch, a wildly popular emulator frontend. Known for being on nearly every possible platform under the sun, RetroArch’s development team has brought about the first official build of a version for the Nintendo Switch. If you install it onto your Switch, you can expect features like savestates, OpenGL support, and even netplay. The usual suspects of games from the NES, SNES, and GBA run well, and there’s even PS1 titles booting, to various results. RetroArch has already been running on the Switch in the past, (through Lakka) but this will be the first officially supported version by the Libretro team, and means that active development will include a Nintendo Switch version with each major update. A full version is scheduled to drop soon, with a nightly build at the link below.

:download: Source

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm running the nightly and was wondering if you wanted feedback or bug reports yet or not.
Feedback is appreciated, as for bug I am only aware of some random lockups when opening the menu or initial load, if you experience Issues, switch to "switch" video driver and rgui.
Don't forget GL is still not matured so bugs are expected beyond RA ones

Boostnek9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
Feedback is appreciated, as for bug I am only aware of some random lockups when opening the menu or initial load, if you experience Issues, switch to "switch" video driver and rgui.
Don't forget GL is still not matured so bugs are expected beyond RA ones

Ah ok sounds good. So far, the screen alignment is off. When launching the app through hb menu, the red writing on the top just has the bottom of the letters and can't read them. Ya as far as bug reports, I mean crashes and odd behavior rather than performace of a title.

Thanks

Reactions: m4xw

hexdump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks a lot for this. Really looking forward to check first release.

BTW @m4axw do you know if there would be sinclair spectrum and amstrad cores available?

Nice Job!

trogoldito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exciting news. Lately I've wanted to go back and replay some SCUMMVM classics. Hopefully the switch version will have touch controls.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is this going to be available to run trough Sx Os ? i just dont want to turn the switch on and off to change payloads

D

Deleted-401606

There isn't a release yet. You're hyping people up for a beta, essentially. Why? This is just asking for trouble. Holy hell, you're "source" even points out that fact. Didn't think it was fishy that it points to the "nightly" folder?

calm down dude.

Reactions: Pluupy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: