first install on switch lite issues booting

jrok96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so now that everything is affordable i decided to mess around with one of the newer switch chip installs. got a switch lite and updated to latest official update first. ordered and received a couple different versions of the raspberry pi based sx core/hwfly clones. One chip has the mounting holes to bolt it down on the top and bottom and one doesn't. I decided to use the one without those mounting holes and use glue to hold it down. I did a wire install for C , A, D, B, 3.3, and ground. then ran the ribbon to the caps. put it partially back together to boot up. and it glitches and immediately says no sd card with the picofly emblem. So im thinking its a success.

I have no clue how to setup any software at all so i decided to check for a video of what to do next. Found this video and downloaded hats pack . used a 256 gb samsung sd card. now with the card inserted back into the switch it seems to just reboot over and over with nothing on screen. the chip flashes blue and then green and appears to start over. So now i look up how to force chip to boot stock nand to rule out the hole console being effed. holding down vol+ , vol- and hitting power i try this and it gets to saying nintendo on screen but cuts off and reboots. Now i'm thinking i have an issue with the install. ...As a troubleshooting step I went ahead and pulled the 3.3v from the chip and unplugged the ribbon for the caps and stock system boots just fine.
Any ideas? i would greatly appreciate your time!!!!

jrok96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah no go without the shield. mine boots to the pico fly no sdcard symbol but wont go further or boot stock unless i remove power from the chip. at this point im gonna try the other chip i have .

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Show up your solder job. Without more information we can only speculate.

When you say your chip glitches successfully can you boot into hekate? If yes that means your chip is fine for the most part. You can try flashing your chip to 2.73

jrok96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok how do i flash the chip? what soft/ where to get latest files?

sorry told you i'm a noob at this. I'm still wondering if my files on the sd card are the cause? but this wouldnt explain not booting stock without unplugging the chip.

Last edited by jrok96,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...